Blizzard Entertainment has finally released Overwatch Origins Edition patch for the PS4, after releasing it earlier for the Xbox One and PC. This patch will also add competitive mode to the PS4 version of the game, which is a new ranked mode where players can compete with each other.
This new update was available for PC first and then later released for the Xbox One. It can be finally downloaded for the PS4. The size of this new update is around 1.45 GB. You can read the patch notes below. For detailed breakdown of new character balance changes and bug fixes, head over to the official Overwatch support forums.
- Players can now swap the left and right sticks on a control pad
- “Legacy” controls option has been added:
- Left stick up/down moves forward/backward
- Left stick left/right turns left/right
- Right stick up/down aims up/down (these can be inverted)
- Right stick left/right strafes left/right
- Sticks can also be switched
- Improved dead-zone controls, giving players increased accuracy during off-center and diagonal stick movement
- Added an option to adjust Aim Assist strength (defaults to full strength)
- “Weapons” section added to the Hero Gallery
- Added McCree as an AI hero in Practice vs. AI, Play vs. AI, and Custom Game modes
- Disabled “Avoid This Player” functionality and removed option from the game UI
Overwatch Origins Edition is now available for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. It was developed by Blizzard Entertainment and it has quickly became one of their most valued new IP with more than 10 million registered users within a month of its launch.