The guys behind the best Playstation 2 emulator have released a brand new stable version of PCSX2 labelled PCSX2 1.2.0. The latest version of PCSX2 brings various fixes, improvements and increased stability so your emulation experience is as smooth as possible.
Although PCSX2 is updated daily with various SVNs a stable release is very rare to come by. The emulator received it’s first stable release labeled version 1.0.0 back in 2012 after years of development. So whenever there is a new stable release there are ought to be a ton of improvements.
As of the PCSX2 1.2.0 release the emulator supports around 1200 games running at 16:9 with over 2100 games being playable overall. Those are excellent stats for an emulator with more than 85% of a console’s library running perfectly on it.
Check out the full PCSX2 1.2.0 changelog below:
- microVU fixes for Dreamworks games, later Tony Hawks games, Evil Dead and others
- Fixes to New GIF unit to solve regressions
- microVU bugs fixed (affecting Extreme-G Racing and others)
- CDVD fixes (Impossible Mission now boots)
- Path 3 arbitration and timing refinements
- MFIFO fixes for DDR games
- Huge DMAC bug fix solving most of the problematic videos. (Baldurs Gate 2, Katamari Damacy and more)
- Memory card support improved in many games, now supports PSX memory cards also Multitap support improved greatly
- Many game fixes for COP2 problems inherent with emulation. (Ace Combat, Forbidden Siren and others)
- VIF Unpack optimizations
- VU Delays added to fix the graphics of Snowblind engine games (Champions of Norrath, Baldurs Gate 2)
- Various other game specific fixes in GameDB
- NVM file creation (if one doesn’t exist) now fills in iLink ident. (Age of Empires 2)
- Improved DMA system
- Fixes to reverb
- Improved time-stretcher recovery on extreme speed changes.
- Portaudio (providing WASAPI in Windows, ALSA/+OSS in Linux) now supported and the default output module. Latencies with this mode are lower than other modules
- Improved adapter selection for detecting of videocards
- CLUT (Color LookUp Table) fixes for games such as Disney Golf
- Texture Offset options added to help improve upscaling artifacts
- OpenGL mode added (Experimental currently)
- Various CRC hacks
- Hack for NVIDIA cards, solves problems with stretching on drivers above 320.18
- New shader resources! Complete PCSX2 FX Revised 2.0 by Asmodean has been integrated
- Improved support for online play and make the users MAC address unique.
- Support for external patch (pnach) files
- Bugfixes for multiple button presses
- Bugfixed memory leaks
- Added support for MESA drivers
- Bump OpenGL requirement to 3.0 with floating texture
- Various OpenGL fixes
- Added SDL Backend
So what are you waiting for folks? Head over to the official PCSX2 website and download it!