Persona 5 is the upcoming role playing game from studio extraordinaire Atlus. It is the sequel to the critical and cult hit Persona 4, which also received a re-release titled Persona 4: Golden on the PlayStation Vita. Persona 4: Golden managed to outsell the original game, showing that the game carried a lot of popularity among fans that increased with time. Now that we are about more than 6 years away from the last game in the series, Atlus finally dropped the curtains on this hotly anticipated, long-awaited sequel to the cult series.
If you missed it, you can check out a first look at the game in action from this trailer that debuted at a livestream by Atlus. If you were striving for more details, weekly Famitsu (via Siliconera)has revealed some new details about the game, which you can read below.
- Persona 5 lead protagonist is revealed to be a second year high school student, who transfers to the city during spring.
- Social Links are confirmed to be in-game but they might have a name change (Companionship can be read in the trailer)
- The game is set in Shibuya with various stages throughout Tokyo as well.
- The protagonist might have some problem leading him to imprisonment.
- The protagonist’s Persona name is revealed to be “Arsène”.
- Not all dungeons are randomly generated.
If you want to read more about the game and what the director has to say about it, you can check our coverage of his latest interview.