Europe is getting ready for the launch of PlayStation 4 so while you wait for your console to arrive, you can download the 1.51 firmware update from Sony servers and avoid the hassle of downloading it on launch day. It is highly recommended to download the update that belongs to your console region.
The update will be available officially on PlayStation EU website this Thursday but it doesn’t mean you can’t download it yet. The update is already available on the official Sony servers so why not just download it from there.
PlayStation 4 1.51 Firmware Update (Europe) – 308 MB
PlayStation 4 1.51 Recovery Update (Europe) – 859 MB
You can install this update through USB. Follow the instructions below for updating it through USB.
- Download the firmware update from the link given above.
- Create a new folder on USB, name it “PS4”.
- Create a new folder inside that folder, name it “UPDATE”.
- Copy the update file to “UPDATE” folder on USB, rename the update file to “PS4UPDATE.PUP”.
- Turn off your PS4 completely.
- Connect the USB to PS4 while it is turned off.
- Boot into safe mode by holding the power button for 7 seconds.
- Select “Update System Software”.
If the update isn’t recognized, make sure that you have named everything correctly and try again.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on PlayStation 4.