- Tomb Raider Sequel Will Utilize The Same Engine As Definitive Edition But With “Significant Enhancements”
- Knack to receive a free iOS and Android puzzle app alongside PlayStation 4
- Japan is crazy for Pokemon X and Y; Nintendo EShop crashes after Worldwide Launch
- inFamous: Second Son Currently In “Polish Stage”, 120 People On Board; New Video/Preview On 12th Feb
- Ken Levine teasing Bioshock Infinite DLC news?
PlayStation 4′s Remote Play is shaping up to be the next big thing from Sony. Using the Remote Play feature you can play your PS4 games on your PS Vita or Vita TV. A twitter user asked Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios for Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., that while using Remote Play to play Knack, that can a second person join in on the co-op using the PS4? To which Shuhei Yoshida replied with a yes.
— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) September 21, 2013
This means that a person who has a Vita TV and is playing Knack using Remote Play in a different room, all it is needed to join in on the co-op is to sit on the couch, turn on your TV to which PS4 is connected and join in. Nothing else is needed. We don’t know if other games will work using the same tactic as well but it seems very likely that they will.
But that’s not all, we already know that PS Vita/Vita TV allows Remote Play over the internet if your connection can support it, which means that PS4 games which have a local co-op mode can also be played online using just one PS4, one PS Vita/Vita TV and one copy of the game.
In addition to that, Shuhei Yoshida also confirmed that you can switch your PS4 on or off using Remote Play, even without setting it up before hand. How cool is that?
— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) September 28, 2013
This shows that Sony has really build the PS4 from the ground up to work with Vita hand-in-hand as already stated by Sony. Many are claiming that PS Vita is already a killer app for the PS4.
- Did you know that Mark Cerny was also the lead architect for Vita?
Is such a feature enough for you to pick up a PS Vita? We’re sure there’s more integration and stuff that will be revealed later on.
Let us know in the comments below.