- Advanced Warfare Tip: What’s the best gun in the game?
- Destiny: Xur Agent of the Nine Items and Location for May 15, 16 (Week 36) Revealed
- New Battlefield 4 Update Adds Naval Strike DLC Support, More Fixes and Tweaks
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Review
- Destiny’s Latest Expansion House of Wolves Won’t Have Any New Raid Activity, Confirms Bungie
The extremely popular and amazing Wii and Gamecube emulator Dolphin which enabled users on Windows, Mac and Linux to enjoy Gamecube and Wii games in 1080p HD (upscaled) is now available on Android.
Although games on the Android port are anything but playable, it’s more like a proof of concept for the time being. Just like when Dolphin started on the PC, the Android versions runs games at a crawling pace with most of them refusing to even start. Bugs and glitches are in the thousands with few features currently usable. Performance upgrades won’t be coming anytime soon till OpenGL ES 3 arrives on the platform, currently the Android version of Dolphin runs completely via the CPU. A short demo of the emulator trying to run Super Smash Bros is below:
Currently in it’s pre-alpha stages, the Android Dolphin emulator is an open source project just like it’s PC counterpart. Hopefully the emulator will be able to run games properly soon. If you want to try the emulator out, you can download it from here.