- Battlefield: Hardline Info Leaked, Game Modes, Classes And More
- The Witcher 3 Preload Is Live On PS4; Day 1 Patch Changelog And Preload Size Revealed
- Sony Investigating Reported PlayStation 4 Issues
- Witcher 3 Devs On PlayStation 4 Capabilities: “We Are Not Holding It Back”
- Dark Souls 3 Officially Confirmed With A Cinematic Trailer
The extremely popular and amazing Wii and Gamecube emulator Dolphin which enabled users on Windows, Mac and Linux to enjoy Gamecube and Wii games in 1080p HD (upscaled) is now available on Android.
Although games on the Android port are anything but playable, it’s more like a proof of concept for the time being. Just like when Dolphin started on the PC, the Android versions runs games at a crawling pace with most of them refusing to even start. Bugs and glitches are in the thousands with few features currently usable. Performance upgrades won’t be coming anytime soon till OpenGL ES 3 arrives on the platform, currently the Android version of Dolphin runs completely via the CPU. A short demo of the emulator trying to run Super Smash Bros is below:
Currently in it’s pre-alpha stages, the Android Dolphin emulator is an open source project just like it’s PC counterpart. Hopefully the emulator will be able to run games properly soon. If you want to try the emulator out, you can download it from here.