Project Cars developers Slightly Mad Studios have announced a sequel to the recently released racing simulator. Project Cars 2 like the original will be paid for through crowdfunding and “created, tested, and ultimately approved by you”.
The game will be funded using World of Mass Development crowdfunding platform where backers can actively take part in the development. Backers will constantly get PC builds of the game before release and give developers feedback to make the game better.
Further details on Project Cars 2 is below:
Pro racing. Anytime. Anywhere.
Building upon the huge success of Project CARS being one of the highest-rated and fastest-selling racing games of this generation, Project CARS 2 continues to expand, innovate, and dominate with…
- The largest track roster ever – 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including ‘loose surface racing’ on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
- The widest variety of motorsports with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
- Co-op career – Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
- Seamlessly connected – Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
- Pro e-Sports racing – Skill & Behavioral-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Seasons, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
- Your home for racing – Your own personal, customizable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy
Project Cars 2 is in development for PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. A release date hasn’t been announced.