PS4 is apparently getting a major firmware update soon if this leak is any indication. According to this leak, currently a private Beta is being held for PS4 3.00 firmware update, and it includes several new features.
Some of the new features include Communities, ability to stream content to YouTube and allowing users to upload short videos on Twitter (10 seconds limit).
Thanks to NeoGAF user crinale, you can check out a short summary of these new features below.
– “Event” menu is added that allows you to find events related to Playstation, join them and watch them.
– “Community” is added to “friend” menu that allows you to make new community or join existing ones.
– “Now Playing” is added to “friend”, “community”, “message” and profile screen that allows you to display games members are currently playing. You can request to join their games or
request to broadcast the game.
– “Message” function has been improved that it displays “now playing” and allows you to start party easily. You can add groups to your favorite list
– You can broadcast via Youtube
– You can upload short (10 sec) game clips to twitter.
If the previous beta test for system software 2.50 was any indication, this new firmware can get an official release soon. The last released update for PS4 was for system software 2.55 and it was a simple stability update.
Let us know what you think about this news in the comments below.