The anticipation surrounding Resident Evil 2 Remake is through the roof as fans are eagerly anticipating update on the project since this year marks the 20th anniversary of the game, however Capcom has been silent so far only offering vague teases at an announcement, which has yet to materialize.
After the no show by Capcom yesterday, there is a new rumor making the rounds that originated at 4chan, so it should be taken with some extra grain of salt. This rumor basically comments on the state of Resident Evil 2 Remake confirming some details for it. It was posted on 4chan however a screenshot of the rumor has been making the rounds and here is what it says for the rumor.
- Resident Evil 2 Remake has an over-the-shoulder camera with a mix of Revelations 2 and Resident Evil 4 for TPS controls.
- Racoon City Police Department and the City are now vastly redesigned.
- Item twinkles are also back like they were in the Japanese Resident Evil 2 version.
- The game will also offer just two campaign modes for Leon and Claire but they will interact far more as a result of less scenarios.
- Crocodiles as enemy are cut from the game.
- Sherry is now playable but won’t be able to defend herself while Ada’s story section has been expanded.
- The focus of the game is still survival horror and there will be plenty of hidden items like Resident Evil 7.
- Difficulty is like Resident Evil 7 while game will support auto saves in Normal but not Hard difficulty.
- Rebecca picture from the trash can be now developed along with ‘something else.’
- Costumes are a strong focus like Resident Evil 0 but they can end up mostly as DLC.
- There won’t be any 4th survivor this time around, or perhaps planned as DLC.
- Late 2018 is the release window that is currently being targeted for the game.
Resident Evil 2 director Hideki Kamiya recently shared his views on the upcoming Remake. While he hasn’t seen the full game, he knows the game director and the development team and has met with him. Kamiya was confident in the direction of the game and gave it his seal of approval even if he hadn’t managed to actually see it.
Resident Evil 2 Remake was originally announced back in 2015 however there hasn’t been any update regarding this project so far.