Square Enix has released an update for the PC version of their action-adventure title, Rise of the Tomb Raider. The main purpose of this update is to fix the issues that players faced shortly after the game’s release and the minor ones that were spotted by some players.
According to the patch notes, this update fixes the Startup issues that a lot of players were facing. This update also improves the HBAO+ quality and NVIDIA SLI performance, meaning that your gameplay experience will kind of change, in a good way, after you install this update.
You can have a look at the full patch notes of Rise of the Tomb Raider Update 1.0.610.1 below and see for yourselves what improvements your game will be getting after installing it.
Rise of the Tomb Raider Update 1.0.610.1 Patch Notes:
Startup issues (Steam Only):
- Fixed C++ runtime error showing up on startup preventing some users from running the game.
- Provided work-around for issue where the VC++ redist would not properly get installed, stopping the game from starting at all.
- Solved problem where the game would crash on startup when tools like Bins Taskbar organizer or Spacedesk are installed.
Updated options screen with among other things:
- Independent mouse sensitivity control for aim and regular navigation.
- Mouse and Gamepad X axis inversion
- Option to disable keyboard button prompts.
- Option to disable mouse smoothing (very light mouse smoothing is present otherwise)
Other fixes included in this patch:
- A variety of fixes and improvements to UI including map, basecamps, and Remnant Resistance mode.
- New graphics option ‘Specular Reflection Quality’ to enhance resolution and reduce aliasing of specular reflections, at some performance cost.
- New graphics option to disable film-grain independently from ‘Screen Effects’.
- Improved HBAO+ quality, including better occlusion for distant objects.
- Improved NVIDIA SLI performance. (Steam only)
- Fixed SLI glitches during water/snow effects. (Steam only)
- Resolution Modifier option that allows you to use a lower rendering resolution independent from window size when running in windowed mode.
- Performance optimization for situations where Razer Chroma features are enabled. (Steam Only)
- Improvements to Razer Chroma effects. (Steam Only)
- Fixed an issue that could rarely lead to an error on machines with 16 hardware threads or more.
- Fixed mouse cursor not always being hidden when using gamepad.
- Fixed major stuttering in Endurance mode.
- Fixes for Endurance leaderboards.
- Fixed Remnant Resistance missions occasionally not starting.
- Fixed rendering glitches on some objects on NVIDIA 6×0 and 7×0 hardware. Some issue do still happen and we are working with NVIDIA to resolve those in future patches or drivers.
- Warning messages for users turning textures to Very High or enabling SSAA to indicate high-end hardware is required.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
Rise of the Tomb Raider was first released on November 10, 2015 for Xbox One and Xbox 360. The PC version of the game was released a week ago, on January 28th, 2016, while Square Enix confirmed that the PS4 version will be released in Winter 2016. Though pre-orders for the PS4 version went live on Amazon some days ago, so those who are interested in it can pre-order it to receive some exclusive in-game content.
Let us know if you’re seeing any improvements after this update or not in the comments below.