Harmonix today revealed the details about the upcoming update for Rock Band 4. The update will add couple of new features including Session Musician Screen and streaming audio support for PS4. It will also eliminate number of issues regarding the legacy instrument peripherals, as reported by the players. It will allow custom characters as band stand-ins. Moreover, it will include surround crowd audio and streaming audio support for PS4. The update will be released latest by November 2nd after the first-party certification.
Specifically, the update will fix empty cities and blocked progression, along with character previews. The developer of the game also made several minor adjustments for Rock Band 4 in the upcoming patch. It will fix crash bugs along with text display tweaks. The patch will additionally fix issues affecting vocal scoring, guitar solo achievements, and player facial expressions.
The developer also confirmed that they are working with Microsoft and Sony to fix the issues regarding Rock band DLC Library. The complete details about the improvements and changes in this update are as follow,
- Allow custom characters as band stand-ins
- Session musician screen now displays custom characters as well as the prefab characters
- Quick-play now uses the most recent band’s stand-ins to populate characters
- 5.1 surround crowd audio support and mic volume adjustment
- Added functionality to support vocal overdrive deploy with touch pad for PlayStation 4
- Added support for streaming audio for PlayStation 4
Legacy Instrument Support
- Fix for Xbox One = Lefty flip issue for Guitar Hero drums
- Fix for PlayStation 4 = Guitar Hero: World Tour Guitar does not deploy overdrive when tilted
- Fix for PlayStation 4 = The Beatles: Rock Band guitar unable to auto-calibrate
- Fix to make it possible to earn guitar solo achievements even if you have guitar solo cues turned off
- Fix band contribution for vocals when non-vocals deploy as well as code cleanup around vocal points
- Changed facial expression for the loading pose to be less goofy
- Tour fixes:
- Fixed issue where City list can contain empty Cities if song content is uninstalled
- Fix for issue with Tour Choice stuck in locked City
- Fix for crash if player unlocks a City through a Tour that they’ve unlocked with a Fan Showcase first and not attempted any Shows in
- Fix character preview getting stuck open when going into difficulty select/gameplay (and then continuing to be open when you go back to the shell)
- Text fixes to address formatting issues
- Fix for various crash bugs’
Rock Band 4 is available on PS4 and Xbox One.
What are your thoughts on the content being introduced in the upcoming patch? Let us know in the comments below.