- GearNuke November of Giveaways: Dualshock 4 & Playstation Camera
- Are we going to hear about the first Steam Machine soon?
- You Could Win A PlayStation 4 Just By Speed Running A Game To 100%
- New Fire Emblem if and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem details surface from latest Nintendo Direct
- Watch Dogs: First Footage Of The PS3 Version Surfaces Online [Update]
Yakuza fans have been waiting long enough to hear more about a possible localization of Yakuza 5 for the West. It seems like their prayers might be answered soon.
As it happens with most rumors, we advice you to take this with a grain of salt. Taking this out of the way, according to EGM, one of their source claims that Atlus is gearing up to bring Yakuza 5 to the West. While Atlus has done plenty of localizations, this might not be surprising one since Sega brought them last year, and since they already have a localization team – that has brought plenty of Japanese games to the West – it could happen. Below you can a scan of the exact quote, which is highlighted in bold.
Sega has officially brought about 3 of the 5 Yakuza games released on the PS3 to the West. The ones that were localized include Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4 and Yakuza: Dead Souls. Unfortunately, the last one, Yakuza: Dead Souls, bombed horribly in term of sales ending the hope of any localization for Yakuza 5. Other than these three games, we never got the Japan-only spin-off for Yakuza called Yakuza: Kenzan and Yakuza 5. If this rumor turns out to be true, we might finally get Yakuza 5, which was released almost 2 years ago in Japan.
Source via EGM