- See The Destruction of A New PlayStation 4 At The Hands of A.50 Cal
- Cancelled Sony Santa Monica’s New IP Was Third Person, Work Started After God of War 3
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Invasion DLC Coming to Xbox Live on June 3rd
- Halo For Xbox One Will Launch In 2014 According To Senior PR Manager For Halo
- Dark Souls 2 PS3 vs Xbox 360 Direct-Feed Screenshot And Technical Comparison – Performance Matters
Final Fantasy XV has been in development for a long time. The game, originally announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive title, made its reappearance at E3, 2013 as a Xbox One and PlayStation 4 title with a name change. Now a new listing on Linkedin profile suggests that some of Final Fantasy XV development might have been outsourced overseas.
Kaei Sou is currently working as a project manager at Square Enix. He lists his job description as “Technology and Outsourcing focused management for Final Fantasy XV and other 1st Production titles.”
While the development of a game being outsourced isn’t really a bad thing, it is worrying to know that despite several years in development, Square Enix is still stuck at a stage where they can’t even finish the game internally on time. The game was originally revealed to the public at E3, 2006 with a CGI trailer. Actual development didn’t start until a few years later.
Final Fantasy XV has, as of yet, received no official release date or release window. It is being directed by Tetsuya Nomura and co-directed by Hajime Tabata. It is the first Final Fantasy title that is going to use action-based combat instead of traditional turn-based combat.
Nomura recently gave update on the status of the game stating that he is looking for a public event to reveal more info on Final Fantasy XV.
What do you think of this news? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on Final Fantasy XV.