- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Confirmed For PlayStation Consoles, 1080p And 60 Fps On PS4
- PlayStation 4 Sells Almost Twice The Number Of Xbox One In January NPD
- Upcoming Xbox One Update Includes Dolby Digital 5.1 But No Friends Online Notifications
- Viral Campaign Teased By Santa Monica Studios, Possibly For Their Next Game?
- Hackers Temporarily Gain Control Of Official Xbox Twitter Account, Microsoft Regains Control Shortly Afterwards
Final Fantasy XV has been in development for a long time. The game, originally announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive title, made its reappearance at E3, 2013 as a Xbox One and PlayStation 4 title with a name change. Now a new listing on Linkedin profile suggests that some of Final Fantasy XV development might have been outsourced overseas.
Kaei Sou is currently working as a project manager at Square Enix. He lists his job description as “Technology and Outsourcing focused management for Final Fantasy XV and other 1st Production titles.”
While the development of a game being outsourced isn’t really a bad thing, it is worrying to know that despite several years in development, Square Enix is still stuck at a stage where they can’t even finish the game internally on time. The game was originally revealed to the public at E3, 2006 with a CGI trailer. Actual development didn’t start until a few years later.
Final Fantasy XV has, as of yet, received no official release date or release window. It is being directed by Tetsuya Nomura and co-directed by Hajime Tabata. It is the first Final Fantasy title that is going to use action-based combat instead of traditional turn-based combat.
Nomura recently gave update on the status of the game stating that he is looking for a public event to reveal more info on Final Fantasy XV.
What do you think of this news? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on Final Fantasy XV.