- The Last Of Us Devs: Sony Created A Mock Review To Tease Us; “Pleasantly Surprised” By Overall Critical Reception
- Watch Dogs On PS4: Here’s How To Fix 90% Loading Screen Bug [Update]
- The Witness Will Run At 1080p And 60 Fps On The PS4
- Ping Indicator is back in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- It took Nintendo 6 months to remaster Wind Waker in HD
It seems like Square Enix is teaming up with NTT Docomo to make a joint announcement at a press conference on September 30. Yuji Hori, the creator of Dragon Quest and Yoshiaki Maeda, the producer of Dragon Quest X will be also attending this press conference.
NTT Docomo is a mobile phone operator in Japan and it is likely that this announcement is related to Smartphones. Our guess is as good as yours but it will be most likely some social/online Dragon Quest title for Japanese smartphones.
Dragon Quest is another extremely popular series in Japan and sells in millions. Dragon Quest 1 to 9 were old-school and traditional Dragon Quest games but Dragon Quest X was perhaps the first Dragon Quest game to go towards a MMO route. It was released on Wii and then later made its way to Wii U. It is also going to be released on PC soon but there is no confirmation on whether it will be released in the West.
The last Dragon Quest game that was released in the West is Dragon Quest IX for Nintendo DS. Dragon Quest X being a MMO means it is highly unlikely we will see it in the states.
The press conference will be live streamed on Nico Nico Japan.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on this topic.