- Battlefield 4 China Rising DLC Leaked Image Reveals Maps And Content
- Xbox One Might Get an Xbox 360 Emulator – Report
- Xbox One Cold Boot Takes 1 Minute and 8 Seconds, Runs Hotter, Consumes More Power In Standby Than PS4
- Xbox One Comprehensive All-In-One Demo By Yusuf Mehdi and Marc Whitten
- Microsoft’s Phil Harrison: Exciting things to come after Xbox One launch
It seems like Square Enix is teaming up with NTT Docomo to make a joint announcement at a press conference on September 30. Yuji Hori, the creator of Dragon Quest and Yoshiaki Maeda, the producer of Dragon Quest X will be also attending this press conference.
NTT Docomo is a mobile phone operator in Japan and it is likely that this announcement is related to Smartphones. Our guess is as good as yours but it will be most likely some social/online Dragon Quest title for Japanese smartphones.
Dragon Quest is another extremely popular series in Japan and sells in millions. Dragon Quest 1 to 9 were old-school and traditional Dragon Quest games but Dragon Quest X was perhaps the first Dragon Quest game to go towards a MMO route. It was released on Wii and then later made its way to Wii U. It is also going to be released on PC soon but there is no confirmation on whether it will be released in the West.
The last Dragon Quest game that was released in the West is Dragon Quest IX for Nintendo DS. Dragon Quest X being a MMO means it is highly unlikely we will see it in the states.
The press conference will be live streamed on Nico Nico Japan.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on this topic.