Star Wars Battlefront 2 will get a new update in the coming days that is currently in development stage. The changelog for this latest update was revealed by the developers and while there is no release date given for it, it was confirmed that the patch will release before the server downtime ahead.
The current patch notes can be read below, keep in mind that these are not the full set of patch notes and more will be revealed once the patch is ready to deploy.
- Our limited time Jetpack Cargo mode arrives
- Arcade Updates (AI updates and more)
- Heroes & Villains Balancing (Boba Fett, Palpatine, Iden, Rey, Bossk, Kylo Ren, Luke, Chewbacca, Yoda, Lando, Darth Vader & Captain Phasma all see either, nerfs, buffs and tweaks)
- Classes, Reinforcements & Core Combat (Dodge updates, emotes, weapon tweaks, SCS un-nerf, and more)
- Milestones (Updates)
- Level Design Balance Changes
- Level Design Bug Fixes
- General Improvements and Bug Fixes ( Duplicate SC credits, Blaster glow, lightsaber glow, color-blind settings tweak, performance and stability changes, and more)
- and more…
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is being developed by EA DICE. The game was criticized at launch due to its microtransactions which were later removed through an update. EA has confirmed that they will return but they haven’t announced when it will happen. As it stands, Battlefront 2 is playable without any microtransactions however the game still requires a bit of grind to unlock all the heroes and villains.