- PS4 ‘Share’ Feature Still Remains Broken Despite Latest Update; Here’s A Temporary Fix
- Samurai Warriors 4: Empires’ Castle system details revealed
- Titanfall Limited Edition controller for Xbox One announced by Microsoft
- Final Fantasy VII Remake to bring ‘dramatic changes’ to combat, Advent Children influence
- PlayStation Experience 2015 Announced; Will Be Held in San Francisco
A year ago, at E3, Bioware revealed a new player-species (The Cathar) for their sci-fi MMORPG, Star Wars: The Old Republic or SWTOR for short. Today, the company announced to various fansites that the race will be implemented in SWOTR’s next major patch.
For this announcement, Bioware has put out a trailer that showcases the humanoid cat-like characters fighting enemies with lightsabers and guns.
The Cathar are a group of feline people that live on a planet of wild regions. In the Star Wars universe, they are known for being loyal and passionate, as well as for being fierce predators and warriors.
As explained by producer Cory Butler, subscribers will be able to unlock the Cathar race with about 600 Cartel points (a currency featured in the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion). Players can either create a brand new Cathar character, or race change an existing character. Additionally, the new race will be available to all current classes.
Full details can be found here.