- Xbox One “Day One” Edition Is Still Available For Purchase From Microsoft’s Ebay Webstore [Update]
- Atari Announces Reboot Of Two Horror Classics
- Halo Master Chief Collection: The biggest treat for Xbox One players at E3
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Collection rumored for development
- Killzone Shadow Fall Ultra High, Slightly Compressed Multiplayer Video Available By Guerilla Games
A year ago, at E3, Bioware revealed a new player-species (The Cathar) for their sci-fi MMORPG, Star Wars: The Old Republic or SWTOR for short. Today, the company announced to various fansites that the race will be implemented in SWOTR’s next major patch.
For this announcement, Bioware has put out a trailer that showcases the humanoid cat-like characters fighting enemies with lightsabers and guns.
The Cathar are a group of feline people that live on a planet of wild regions. In the Star Wars universe, they are known for being loyal and passionate, as well as for being fierce predators and warriors.
As explained by producer Cory Butler, subscribers will be able to unlock the Cathar race with about 600 Cartel points (a currency featured in the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion). Players can either create a brand new Cathar character, or race change an existing character. Additionally, the new race will be available to all current classes.
Full details can be found here.