The highly popular indie hit Terraria, developed by Re-Logic, is a 2D roguelike with a focus on exploration, mining and crafting. Now, the developers have released the latest update, 1.3.3, for the game, which adds multiple new features as well as many bug fixes for already existing ones.
Version 1.3.3 is now out on PC, and brings with it a new weather event, new weapons, new enemies, new loot, new music, and even updates to the desert and the underground desert biomes.
The full changelog can be found below:
- Added the Forbidden Armor Set
- Added Ancient Horn (Basilisk Mount)
- Added Onyx Blaster
- Added Sky Fracture
- Added Mandible Blade
- Added Spirit Flame
- Added Pocket Mirror
- Added Djinn’s Curse
- Added Lamia Vanity Set
- Added the Ancient Vanity Set
- Added Desert Spirit Lamp
- Added Magic Sand Dropper
- Added Sandstorm Music Box!
- And several new banners!
- Sand Poachers now inflict the Venom debuff
- Dune Splicers now have more HP and Defense
- Dune Splicers and Tomb Crawlers may be more aggressive, especially during Sandstorms.
- Added a new block mining visual effect
- Added multiplayer performance improvements
- Upped spawn rates in underground desert
- Fixed sliders in the gamepad settings not being “locked on” when dragged aroun
- Fixed certain textures loading wrong at random, and producing weird artifacts
- Fixed underground desert worms being too rare
- Fixed Portal Gun secondary fire conflicting with Grappling Hooks on Gamepad
- Fixed a number of exploits
- Fixed rain, water, and lava sounds persisting when the game window is inactive
- Fixed drills shooting confetti at supersonic speeds when under the effects of Flask of Party
This is the fifth update for Terraria just this year, with the developers already starting work on the next one. Terraria was originally released back on 16th May, 2011, and is now available on all Xbox platforms, PlayStation platforms including Vita, the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, all mobile platforms, Mac, Linux and the PC.