Following the release of Update 1.2, that was a few days ago, a new patch for the PC version of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege has been released by Ubisoft. This patch brings fixes for issues that were missed in the previous patch.
According to the patch notes, this patch brings improvements to various sections of the games. It adds an option to turn on insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase. It also fixes the bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase.
You can have a look at Update 1.3 full patch notes below.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege – Patch 1.3 Changelog:
GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
(Live for PC and consoles, as of Jan. 13th)
HIT REGISTRATION IMPROVEMENTS
- Updated the server tick rate for console users
- With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). After testing, we are satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all consoles as well.
- Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
- Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.
EXPLOIT FIX: DEFENDERS EXITING THE PREPARATION PHASE
- Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!)
- We will be able to activate this functionality at any time. We will first be testing it on XB1 during the afternoon of January 13th(Montreal time). If it proves effective, we will be deploying this on all platforms later that day.
TOP COMMUNITY-RAISED BUG FIXES
(Live for PC on Jan. 13th, live for consoles on Jan. 20th)
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.
LEVEL DESIGN FIXES
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved.
- Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues.
- Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues.
- Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue.Refer to the High Priority Issues.
- Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
- Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
- Ranked match reconnection fixes for PC:
- If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions anymore.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.
The previous patch also completely broke the SLI support and Ubisoft was supposed to bring a fix for it in their next patch. But if we look at the patch notes, the SLI support issue isn’t even mentioned. This means that we will be getting another patch sometime soon which will hopefully bring a fix for the SLI support issue.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege was released for PC, PS4 and Xbox One on December 1, 2015. The first DLC of the game titled as ‘Operation Black Ice’ will be released on February 2nd. The game is developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft.
Let us know if you have seen some improvements after this patch or not in the comments below.