- Upcoming Xbox One Update Includes Dolby Digital 5.1 But No Friends Online Notifications
- Batman: Arkham Knight Revealed, Coming To PS4, XB1 And PC Later This Year
- Rumor: Next Pokemon game to be based in Hoenn (R/S/E Remake)?
- 5 things that make Aiden Pearce’s life fabulous
- All region copies of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD to release with Dual Audio
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition has now been made available ahead of its official release date on the PS4 and the Xbox One. If you are still on the edge over getting this version, perhaps these screens can convince you to get it on the platform you want.
The enhancements to the definitive edition are as follow:
- An all new model for Lara, especially built with next-generation consoles in mind
- For the first time, TressFX is being used for next-gen hair on consoles.
- Improved foliage
- Revamped lighting engine
- Reworked shaders
- Complex physics world simulation for trees, cloths and foliage
- Subsurface scattering technology for Lara’s skin
- As per developer’s claim, textures have been rendered at 4x the resolution(of PS3/360)
These enhancements might sound good on paper but do they really carry any impact on the core i.e gameplay? That is for you to figure out. Check out the comparison below.
You can also check out another comparison between the PC version and the PS4 version from here.
Thanks to NeoGAF for PC vs PS4 shots.
What do you think about these improvements? let us know in the comments below.