- Black Ops 2 Apocalypse DLC announced, hitting Xbox 360 August 27th
- inFamous: Second Son Was Best Selling “Next-Gen” Software In April NPD
- PS4′s Launch Price will be under $400, According to Analyst
- New Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Released; Shows First Gameplay Footage
- Gran Turismo 6 vs Forza 5: Graphics Comparison On Laguna Seca Track
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition has now been made available ahead of its official release date on the PS4 and the Xbox One. If you are still on the edge over getting this version, perhaps these screens can convince you to get it on the platform you want.
The enhancements to the definitive edition are as follow:
- An all new model for Lara, especially built with next-generation consoles in mind
- For the first time, TressFX is being used for next-gen hair on consoles.
- Improved foliage
- Revamped lighting engine
- Reworked shaders
- Complex physics world simulation for trees, cloths and foliage
- Subsurface scattering technology for Lara’s skin
- As per developer’s claim, textures have been rendered at 4x the resolution(of PS3/360)
These enhancements might sound good on paper but do they really carry any impact on the core i.e gameplay? That is for you to figure out. Check out the comparison below.
You can also check out another comparison between the PC version and the PS4 version from here.
Thanks to NeoGAF for PC vs PS4 shots.
What do you think about these improvements? let us know in the comments below.