- PlayStation Plus games for October revealed: Hotline Miami and Kingdom of Amalur among others
- God of War Collection PS Vita Gets New Images and Videos
- Xbox One shows strong developer support in Japan as familiar faces sign on
- Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Update Out Now, Includes Improved Spawns, Weapon Changes And More
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare leaks, hoverbikes and exosuits expected
According to the latest sales from Famitsu Japan, the PS Vita and 3DS have both received a boost in sales thanks to new software. Unfortunately the PS4 had no such luck and as a result, it fell behind the Vita in hardware sales.
According to the sales data from Famitsu Japan, PS Vita’s Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment debuted at number 1 with about 136,736 units sold while Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call took second position with 75,867 units sold. You can see the full Top 10 software chart below.
1. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment – 136,736
2. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call – 75,867
3. Youkai Watch – 62,683
4. Mario Party Island Tour – 17,007
5. Blazblue Chrono Phantasma – 12,139
6. Famicom Remix 1+2 – 11,020
7. Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Jigoku-hen – 9,468
8. Kirby: Triple Deluxe – 7,719
9. Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Jigoku-hen – 6,826
10. Ace Attorney 123: Phoenix Wright Collection – 6,367
In Hardware, 3DS took the crown again meanwhile PS Vita followed close second. Both received a boost in hardware sales due to new software, although PS4 had no such luck and hence its sales dropped.
1. Nintendo 3DS LL – 27,380
2. PS Vita – 23,650
3. PS4 – 10,129
4. PS3 – 7,951
5. Nintendo 3DS – 5,978
6. Wii U – 5,596
7. PS VitaTV – 1,643
8. PSP – 1,571
9. Xbox360 – 152
What do you think about this news? Let us know in the comments below.