- Ryse confirmed to be running in native 1080p [Update]
- Crystal Dynamics Were Aiming For 60 FPS On PS4/XB1, Failed To Meet The Target On Xbox One
- Konami: The Phantom Pain Could Release In Late 2014 or Late 2015, Admits That Ground Zeroes Is A Bit Short
- Square Enix is “Preparing New [FFXV] information”
- The Witch and the Hundred Knight Review
VLC Media player is a popular free media player that is nearly used by everyone these days. Sporting a lightweight size along with the ability to playback almost all the media formats, VLC Media Player has become one of the fastest and best media players.
A programmer on VLC’s team, Jean-Baptiste Kempf, wrote in his blog post about the readiness of VLC for Windows Runtime or WinRT port. Surprisingly his list also contained Xbox One which many give a hint that the VLC Media Player app might make an appearance on the Xbox One very soon. Since Xbox One’s dashboard and UI are very similar to Windows 8′s Metro style UI, porting the VLC Media Player using WinRT won’t be difficult and that the next major update of VLC Media Player might bring the app to Xbox One.
So, here is an update about our port on WinRT platforms.
I now sayWinRT platforms, but that means:
- Windows 8/8.1 ModernUIMetro
- Windows Phone 8
- XBox One? (who knows?)
One major thing about VLC Media Player is that it can playback the popular .mkv files. Xbox One, on its own, cannot playback .mkv files natively but if VLC Media Player pops up on the Xbox One then we can be sure that the .mkv file compatibility will be present on the Xbox One and with the app it would be able to play .mkv files natively, without any streaming from any PC or app.
Stay tuned with us as we bring you more information as the story develops.