- Alien: Isolation release date set for 7th October
- Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0 Update To Be Released In Early June
- Planetside 2 On PS4: Check Out First Direct-Feed Screenshots In Full 1080p Glory
- PS4 SHAREfactory Latest Update Is Now Live, Here’s What Has Been Added
- Xbox Australia Posts About Halo On Xbox One, Calls It Halo 5
Ubisoft have confirmed the resolution for Watch Dogs on the current generation consoles. According to a post on the official Ubisoft blog, Watch Dogs will run at 900p on the PlayStation 4 and 792p on the Xbox One. They have also clarified the recent frame rate debacle and confirmed that the game is indeed running at 30 fps on both, the PS4 and Xbox One.
This news came as rather surprising since it was earlier confirmed by Ubisoft that Watch Dogs is going to run at native 1080p on the PS4. Even though the frame rate wasn’t confirmed, the native 1080p resolution was. There was no confirmation about the Xbox One version though.
A recent pre-order listing from Sony listed Watch Dogs as having 1080p and 60 fps on the PS4. While this listing was later removed, it peaked the curiosity of many wondering if the end game indeed runs at 60 fps on the PS4, especially since 1080p resolution wasn’t anything new. As it happened, the 1080p resolution wasn’t even final and instead, we are going to see the game at 900p on the PS4 and 792p on the Xbox One. TitanFall, which is another Xbox One exclusive, also runs at 792p on the Xbox One.
What do you think about this resolution controversy? Are you disappointed to hear that Watch Dogs runs at below 1080p on the PS4 and Xbox One? Let us know in the comments below.