- M1 Irons revolver teased for Advanced Warfare, classic armoury in the future
- New Watch Dogs Patch Released To Improve PC Performance
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Gets News Screenshots, Shows Huge Aliens In Extinction Mode
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Coming October
- Sword Art Online II confirmed for 2014
Jonathan Morin, creative director for Watch_Dogs, has confirmed that the game will run at 30fps on both PS4 and Xbox One.
Talking to VideoGamer at Eurogamer Expo, Jonathan Morin said:
Right now the frame rate we’re focussing on [is] a steady 30[FPS]…
There’s always a balance, especially for open world, between the simulation and the rest…
I think for where we are, the most important thing is the steadiness and [ensuring] that it’s always capped the same so when you play it it feels right.
Even after confirming the game will run at 30fps for both next-gen platforms, Jonathan Morin couldn’t confirm whether the game would run at 720p or 1080p resolution. Ubisoft is very optimistic of it’s new IP stating that it can spawn a whole series of games. We don’t know if this means that Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag will also suffer the same fate as Watch_Dogs in terms of FPS.
Watch_Dogs is slated to release on November 22nd 2013 for PC, Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 & Xbox One platforms. However the PlayStation 4 version will be released on November 29th.
Update: According to a recent update, new info has come from unnamed sources; Watch_Dogs on PlayStation 4 has been confirmed to be running on 1080p while Xbox One version resolution is still “To Be Decided”