The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a huge open world Action RPG, and as such, it is going to have some bugs and glitches at launch. There are some hilarious bugs and glitches like these here, or there are others that simply don’t allow the players to continue the game, like loading screen bug detailed here, which keeps the players waiting with a “Please Wait” screen.
This is a rather unfortunate bug that has yet to be patched, but luckily enough, there is a way to temporarily fix this issue for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on the PS4 and Xbox One. To do so, follow the simple methods listed below.
- Delete the game install from the console.
- Restart the console and install the game again.
- Make sure you are playing the game with the day 1 patch.
If the above method doesn’t work for you, you can try to clear your system cache on the Xbox One.
If you are unable to start the game on PC and have purchased it from GOG.com. You can try this fix listed on the official GOG support page.
- Please make sure that you use “Run as Administrator” to install and to start the game (right-click on the shortcut or setup file and select “Run as Administrator”).
- Please reinstall the game and add it to your anti-virus/firewall software’s exception/trusted list.
- NVidia released Witcher III Game Ready Drivers 18 May 2015, please update your drivers: Try disabling DSR
- Please install Visual C++ 2013 SP1 Redistributable Packages: After pressing Download select:
vcredist_x86.exeInstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Please make sure that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is using its default setting. To do this, follow these steps:
I) Open Menu Start
II) Right click ‘Computer’ and click ‘Properties’
III) Click ‘Advanced system settings’
IV) Open tab ‘Advanced’ and click ‘Settings’ in ‘Performance’ section
V) Open tab ‘Data Execution Prevention’
VI) Change DEP setting to the first option (Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only)
VII) Confirm with OK.
- Maybe you have some settings forced on your graphics device in NVidia Control Panel. If so then try to reset them
- If above steps didn’t help, please try to run the game directly from it’s executable. Go to game installation folder \Bin\x64\ (default: C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64) and run witcher.exe directly.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is out now on the PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Let us know what you think about this article in the comments below.