- Call of Duty: Ghosts Extinction Mode picture leaked online
- Multiple sources hint at Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag being sub-1080p on Xbox One
- Could Motomu Toriyama’s Next Project Be Final Fantasy X-3?
- List of retailers and countries revealed for Destiny Beta access
- Facial Tech Comparison: Killzone Shadow Fall vs Ryse vs Crysis 3
Those who are in the Xbox One Beta firmware update should have started receiving the new update soon. This new update introduces a lot of nifty improvements and features, along with introducing new ones like Twitch streaming(Not working now though).
The new features in the update are as follow, courtesy of reddit user da13thninja.
- You can update controller through USB
- You now have an option under Kinect that says ” Turn hand cursor off while watching video
- Tutorials about gestures and voice commands are in the settings menu
- A ” show all other notifications” option under NOTIFICATIONS (hopefully this means we will be able to see if friends come online)
- Everything just seems FASTER!
- OPTICAL and HDMI audio settings have an option for “BITSTREAM OUT” (no idea what it is. IIT gives you an option between DTS Digital Surround and Dolby Digital
- Friends APP is much improved. Can see online friends first, recent players and a FAVORITES option. Pretty much everything you saw in that video on XBOX’s YOUTUBE CHANNEL. Loads a lot faster too.
- I tried saying “XBOX, BROADCAST” for shits and giggles and it opened TWITCH! don’t think I can broadcast anything though. YET!
Overall, the whole system seems to be a lot snappier. Its definitely a lot more refined. I might be spending more time with my xbox after this.
Here is a picture of the new friends app, which looks really neat and organized now (Source).
In case you are wondering how a controller update might look like, you can take a look at this picture below.
Are you a participant of the Beta update? Let us know your experience in the comments below.