Microsoft has made a surprise announcement in a recent Inside Xbox live event and confirmed that 19 new games will be added to the Xbox One backward compatibility program in the coming days. These games range from the classic Star Wars Battlefront series to Jade Empire and Conker: Live And Reloaded.
The complete list of games that will be coming to the Xbox One backward compatibility program this month can be seen below. They are also confirmed to offer visual enhancements from their original release so expect improvement resolution and features.
- Blinx: The Time Sweeper (April 17)
- Breakdown (April 17)
- Conker: Live & Reloaded (April 17)
- Destroy All Humans (April 26)
- The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind (April 17)
- Full Spectrum Warrior (April 26)
- Hunter The Reckoning (April 17)
- Jade Empire (April 17)
- Mercenaries Playground of Destruction (April 26)
- MX Unleashed (April 26)
- Panzer Dragoon Orta (April 17)
- Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (April 26)
- SSX 3 (April 17)
- Star Wars Battlefront (April 26)
- Star Wars Battlefront II (April 26)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (April 26)
- Star Wars Jedi Starfighter (April 26)
- Star Wars KOTOR II: The Sith Lords (April 26)
- Star Wars Republic Commando (April 26)
In addition to these games, Microsoft also confirmed some older Xbox 360 games will be getting Xbox One X enhancement and this includes the fan favorite Red Dead Redemption and Gears of War 2.
Xbox One backward compatibility program now has more than 500 games that are all available to play on the Xbox One. If you own any of the games that are in the list for support on the Xbox One, you can simply play it there without having to purchase them again, and in certain cases, there will be improvements to the visuals or performance as well.