Respawn Entertainment has shared the patch notes for the Apex Legends update 1.09. This update will include audio fixes and improvements, performance, quality of life, bug fixes, and more. The full patch notes for Apex Legends update 1.09 can be seen in the article.
Apex Legends had a great start where it managed to stay ahead of Fortnite. As a battle royale game, Apex Legends was a success for both EA and Respawn Entertainment, however, they weren’t able to keep up with Fortnite in term of the frequency of updates. As a result, the interest around the game has slowed down due to lack of updates and a slow release schedule for new battle pass or content.
Apex Legends is getting a new update version 1.09 next week. This update will bring many new changes and implements several important fixes. The patch notes for Apex Legends update 1.09 can be seen below.
Apex Legends Update Version 1.09 Patch Notes (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
AUDIO FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.
- Lowered the volume of Wraith’s ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.
- Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.
- Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.
- Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.
- Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.
- Fixed occlusion bug for the “wind down” sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed issue with automatic weapon fire sounds occasionally getting stuck on, usually after a Legend respawns.
- Fixed bug with RE45 missing tail sounds (the echo in the environment after the shot) when in close proximity.
HIT DETECTION FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
FIX FOR LIFELINE “PICK ME UP” BANNER BUG ON PS4
- The issue has been resolved and we will be re-enabling the banner after the patch is live.
- NOTE: We made changes to client and backend to address this and it’ll take a little time to take full effect. We’re expecting the error to resolve within a few hours after the patch is live.
[PC ONLY] CRASHES SPECIFIC TO INTEL CPUs
ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES AND CHANGES
- Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Admittedly it’s been fun to see the results of this but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control. Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield, however, it will now deflect Arc Stars.
- We have identified some issues with -novid, and will be disabling the flag until we can address the issues. Thank you for your patience
Apex Legends is available now for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.