Apex Legends update version 1.18 is available to download now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. We have the full details about this update including its patch notes.
Apex Legends update 1.18 brings in a new limited-time mode. Players can also participate in a double XP weekend that will be live on September 6 and end on September 9. Get the full details on bug fixes and quality of life changes below.
Apex Legends Update Version 1.18 Full Patch Notes (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
WRAITH TOWN TAKE OVER
A mysterious research site has been unearthed in Kings Canyon that was used as part of Project: Wraith, including a functioning prototype portal.
EXCLUSIVE EVENT CHALLENGES
Complete a variety of challenges to earn exclusive skins and Wraith-themed content. All challenges and rewards will be limited to the 2 week event.
DIRECT PURCHASE SHOP
New Event Limited cosmetics including the Wraith Voidwalker Legendary skin for 1,800 Apex Coins. Additional themed cosmetics are included ranging from 500 to 1000 Apex Coins.
- Double XP for Top 5 and Wins Weekend
- From 10:00 a.m. PT on September 6 to 10:00 a.m. PT on September 9, players will earn double XP for Top 5 finishes and wins. This bonus will affect both Account Level and Battle Pass progression.
- Limited-Time Mode – Armed and Dangerous
- Shotguns and Snipers only
- Enabled Guns: Mozambique, Peacekeeper, EVA-8, Longbow, G7, Triple Take
- Attachments not used by Snipers or Shotguns are disabled
- Gold variants of weapons spawn in High Tier loot zones and in airdrops
- Kraber and Mastiff loot values are tuned so they spawn in late-game airdrops and very rarely as ground loot (1-2 per game each)
- Reduced Armor
- Disabled Loot: Armor (Blue/Purple/Gold), Helmets (Blue/Purple/Gold)
- Spawn rate for Common Armor and Helmets is reduced.
- Ground Loot Drop Chances are reduced by 45% (Supply Bins are not affected by this)
- Bullet Counts and Stacks are modified
- Light Rounds: 16 per drop, 32 per inventory slot
- Energy Rounds: 16 per drop, 32 per inventory slot
- Heavy Rounds: 7 per drop, 14 per inventory slot
- Shotgun Rounds: 7 per drop, 28 per inventory slot
- Overall, loot density is reduced, but ammo/weapon spawn rates are increased and stack sizes are increased to offset the loot scarcity and allow players to have enough ammo to not discourage combat.
- Increased spawn rates for syringes to compensate for lower loot density.
- Reduced spawn rates for shield batteries to match rarity of armor.
- Shotguns and Snipers only
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a player’s reward would not display properly after completing a challenge that awards crafting metals.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players would see a different rare skin equipped to the Legend they are spectating when hanging from a ledge.
- Fixed some issues related to script errors.
- [Xbox] Fixed issue where sometimes players would have issues connecting to a match at the same time as their party forcing them to join Legend Select late with Legends already locked.
- [PS4] code fixes to address crashes related to out of memory issues.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players would still be in an out of bounds state when they are not actually out of bounds.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- New Promo Window – A new feature we’ve added to the Lobby that will display offers and info and allows for direct navigation to the website or store.
- Added Auto Sprint feature to all platforms that can be turned on or off. This is disabled by default and can be changed in the Settings menu.
- Players can now adjust Aim Down Sight look sensitivity per optic zoom level.
- Visual improvements to Legends in the Lobby and Character Select screen
- Increased overall brightness.
- Softer/lighter shadows.
- Improved reflections on hard surfaces.
- Improved detail and contrast to textures.
- Added UI to the Spectator View that lets players easily tell if they are spectating a squadmate or enemy.
- Added setting to disable weapon auto switching when ammo runs out.
- Increased projectile width for the TripleTake
- SMG weapons are no longer compatible with the 3x HCOG and 2x-4x variable ACOG scopes.
- Note from design: Our goal with this change is to better define weapon archetypes and improve the looting experience so that players aren’t accidentally picking up a long range site for a close range weapon that they have to manually remove.
- Wattson will now have low profile attributes [takes %5 more damage to base health]
- Reduced the maximum number of Interceptor Pylons that can be active to 1.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to cancel the start up animation for their ultimate when activated while using a zipline.
Apex Legends is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.