Xbox One is going to get a new update in April, among the list of new features, friends online notifications is one of them. You can catch a glimpse of the new friends online notifications system now.
The April’s Xbox One firmware update will include several new features. You can also check out a short summary of these new features, courtesy of reddit.
Ongoing fixes and adjustments to the user interface. Additional fixes to address audio crackling sound encountered when Dolby Digital is enabled.
Fixes for Blu-ray software issues that can result in 0x21 or 0x87de07d1 errors.
Update to address an issue where ejecting a Blu-ray disc after the drive is idle can result in the disc being pulled back in, requiring a second eject command.
Fix to address Kinect not responding to “yes” or “no” after issuing the “Xbox, turn off” command. Updates to reduce or eliminate Blu-ray drive “seeking” sounds after drive is idle (experienced in the 1403 update.)
NEW CONTROLLER FIRMWARE UPDATE
- Update to help address controller disconnect issues. Update to help address headset adapter audio quality.
- Fix for LiveTV audio outputting in stereo instead of surround sound. Update for the Blu-ray player to fix an issue where it can freeze if left idle or paused for an extended period of time.
- Update to fix an issue where fast forwarding or rewinding an external video source results in screen freezing when surround sound is enabled.
- Fix for video playback stuttering while audio plays back normally in several apps (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, etc.)
- Game save progress bar will now display when syncing cloud game saves.
- 50Hz Blu-ray player support for content recorded at 50Hz.
- Improved GameDVR video quality.
- Online friends notification, including the ability to filter notifications to all friends, favorites only, or disable friends online notifications altogether.
- Requested by the update preview community: Manually install available updates. If a new system update is detected as available, a button will appear under Settings, System that will display “Apply Available System Update.”
- Note: this feature is being enabled after this current update completes installation. This feature will be available to preview when the next update is made available.
- A new ability to automatically redeem a license code from console messages. For future console messages that include a 5×5 license code, a new option will appear to allow you to automatically redeem the license, versus having to copy and paste the license code.
Some preview participants may encounter an issue where the Blu-ray drive will not ingest a disc after the console has been idle for a period of time. The disc will need to be removed and re-inserted for the disc to be ingested. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
Some preview participants may encounter an issue where some non-Blu-ray disc media types are pulled back into the Blu-ray disc drive after being ejected, requiring a second eject command. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
In this version of the 1404 update, the startup process of a console doing a cold boot up (systems that are configured for power saving mode, versus instant on) will encounter a delay of approximately 30 seconds, during which a solid black screen is displayed. This issue is not present for consoles powering up from a standby state. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
During silent update installation some devices controlled by the Xbox One via IR (TVs, receivers) may power up in the middle of the update process and not power back down. The developers are investigating this issue.
Are you excited for this upcoming firmware update? Let us know in the comments below.