Assassin’s Creed 3 is one of the lowest rated games in the series, earlier today the game’s director mentioned a few changes he would make to the game’s recently announced Remaster better.
Assassins’s Creed 3 director Alex Hutchinson tweeted out several changes that he thinks that would make the game better.
Although he isn’t working on the remaster and it’s not not likely that there are any changes made to the game now, it’s interesting to see where the developer realize they went wrong.
If I could offer a few edits I would perform if I had my hands on that AC3 remaster:
1. Take the damage volumes off the fires in the final mission so people don’t fail it and finish the sequence with a bad taste. It’s too hard for no real reason.
2. Force the completion of the Temple missions in the present day as they trigger instead of letting them stack up at the end. I thought it would be nice to give players options, but it actually just ruins the pacing at the end.
3. Create a path to force more of the Homestead side missions earlier: They feature the charming, fun and more human version of version of Connor that is not as obvious if you only play the main missions and ignore the side content.
4. Push more of the naval encounters in the main flow. Again, my preference for letting players engage with the content at their own pace doesn’t work as well in a blockbuster. Make the masses play the cool boat missions! 😉
5. Somehow, somehow make sure every person who buys the game sees the animation sequence where a homesteader gets a pig, puts it on a chopping block, cuts each limb off, skins it, packs them up and takes them inside. It’s amazing.
6. Highlight that it’s the AC game with by far the most assassination moves: you can get a custom assassination with every weapon in the game, including all pick ups.
7. Notice that we cast the fantastic @TheNoahWatts as Connor, well before the internet of videogames gave a shit about respecting other cultures and we have characters speaking historically appropriate languages (+sub titles) in a blockbuster FOR A GODDAMN HOUR. That made happy.
8. Agree that we allowed people to draw rude things in the snow in a game well before it was fashionable or technically advisable.
9. Finally admit that today, years after it was released, it was okay to change the color of Connor’s sash from the crimson red of Ezio and Altair to a nice royal blue, and that it really wasn’t worth having seven two hour meetings about.
11. I’m adding this one to agree with @GameAnim we should have broken up Haytham’s intro into chunks and interspersed them throughout the game to get to Connor faster. The shock reveal of another playable character was great, but the start was too slow.
12. Oh! And while we were searching for music, somehow make sure we would find A Tribe Called Red. They would have been perfect. A missed opportunity on many levels.
Assassin’s Creed 3 Remaster will be included in the Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey Season Pass which’ll retail for $39.99.