Ubisoft has commented on the mysterious Oikos of the Olympians and explained how to acquire Orichalcum in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
Ubisoft Community Manager made a lengthy post on the Assassin’s Creed subreddit today clarifying the reason behind their decision to keep Oikos of the Olympians.
Here is what they had to say regarding this aspect of the game which seems to be criticized by almost everyone.
We’ve been monitoring the discussions around the Oikos of the Olympians and want to provide some insights on this feature.
We designed this vendor to reward our players for their regular playtime in the game and completion of side content. It offers players interested in exploring the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey beyond the main story line an option to acquire Store items without spending Helix Credits.
This feature is completely optional – it’s there for you if you want to use it, but focusing on the main Odyssey Quests only will not lead you to acquire Orichalcum. Below you’ll find a breakdown of how the Olympian Gift works and how to acquire Orichalcum – the legendary currency needed to buy the gift.
Information about the Olympian gift:
• The system progressively adapts to player’s inventory, avoiding duplicates of Store items – this system has been optimised compared to Assassin’s Creed Origins following players’ feedback.
• Only at rare occasions Epic items from the regular game can be duplicated.
• The base chance of getting Store items is higher compared to Assassin’s Creed Origins’ Heka chest, following players’ feedback.
• Additionally, the drop chance of getting a Store item progressively increases with every Olympian Gift opened until you get a Store item, then the drop chance resets.
• The Store items obtained in the Olympian Gifts are linked to players’ account, meaning that they can be redeemed through the Store at no cost on any save game and across all play-throughs.
• In the eventuality a player would want to complete a themed set partially obtained through the Oikos of the Olympians, its price in Helix Credits will automatically decrease based on the items the player already owns.
How to acquire Orichalcum:
• Exploration: You can collect 600+ of them in the world
• Daily quests: Rewards 10 Orichalcum per day (available on any Message Board)
• Weekly Contracts: Rewards 40 Orichalcum per week (available on any Message Board)
• And more sources of Orichalcum will come later on in the game! More details here
If you are still confused regarding their purpose, this message should hopefully clarify any misunderstanding.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is available now for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.