Ubisoft has released a brand new update for Assassin’s Creed Origins for the PS4 and Xbox One today. The new update is a little more than 1 GB and includes many fixes to the game. It also patches out the unlimited items exploit that lets you get a huge quantity of items.
This update is now live on the PS4 and Xbox One while a PC version of the update hasn’t been released yet. This will patch the game to version 1.05 and judging from the patch notes, it also fixes the visual downgrade on the PS4 and Xbox One.
- Ambush at Sea – The issue that caused for some save games to be corrupted was fixed and the mission is now available to players again
- Note: The mission should reappear on the map after a reboot of your system. Be sure to be connected to the online services while starting the game.
- Difficulty – Enemies of a lower level than the playable character are now more challenging in Hard Mode.
- Beard/Hair Toggle
- Selected preference of beard/hair will remain saved now
- Added support for Keyboard and mouse controls
- [Shift]+[Z] – Hair
- [Ctrl] + [Z] – Beard
- Performance and Stability improvements on all platforms
- Improved performance and stability
- Fixed some infinite loading and black screen hang
- [PC] Fixed hardware performance metrics for Radeon R9 2xx series
- [PC] Fixed several Ultra HD monitor, multi-monitor mode, and multi GPU mode issues
- [PC] Fixed infinite saving occurring in Photo Mode when anti-aliasing option is Off
Graphics & Audio
- Improved Sandstorm ending visual
- Fixed some level of detail issues in the world and for some NPCs
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the call mount whistle from playing
- Fixed an issue that could cause music tracks to overlap
- [Xbox One X][PS4] Revised the default Luminance value in the HDR settings
- [PC] Temporarily deactivated spatial sound support to resolve issues with some USB headsets
- [PC] Fixed the functionality of the Field Of View option during the Benchmark session
While the official changes don’t mention it, one reddit poster has shared that his items were reverted back to their normal quantity after this new update. This supposedly patches out anyone which is using this glitch to farm and a large amount of items using a exploit.
Assassin’s Creed Origins is out now for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.