Assassin’s Creed Unity Patch 4 seems to be up on the PlayStation 4. This latest patch aims to fix a wide variety of issues ranging from performance to graphical glitches. Ubisoft officially addressed the additions to be included in this new patch as follow.
This patch will address issues with stability and performance as well as online matchmaking and connectivity (among other fixes and improvements).
If you want to download this patch, you should be aware that it is about 6.7 GB in in size, which is pretty big for a patch.
Ubisoft has also shared the official changelog of the patch, which you can check out below. The patch is now available for PS4 and Xbox One players and will be released for PC players at a later time.
Stability, Performance and Save Game
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
- Implemented multiple optimizations and fixes to improve overall performance
- Fixed save issue caused by the companion app on the main menu (loss of data)
- Fixed save issue caused by contacts list (crash occurring). Users should now have access to save
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
- Fixed various navigation issues
- Fixed issues with lock picking chests
- Fixed additional haystack issues
Character, AI and Crowd
- Fixed various character, crowd station and NPC issues
Online, Matchmaking, Connectivity and Replication
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various issues with voice chat
- Fixed join-in-progress issues
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with player rank and COOP/heist rewards
- Fixed issues with Helix credits
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Menus and HUD
- Fixed HUD icon issues and issues with map information
- Fixed various Initiates issues
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
Mission tweaks (campaign, coop and side content)
- Fixed various low occurrence walkthrough breaks in both Campaign and COOP
- Fixed various NPC issues
- Fixed issue with the quest log disappearing for specific side missions
World and 3D
- Fixed various collision and mesh issues
- Fixed additional issues where player would fall through the world
- Fixed specific areas where textures were missing
- Fixed crash on “Quit to Windows” in free roam mode
- Fixed crash on accepting multiple “Join the club” requests
- Fixed issues with TXAA
- Fixed issues with PCSS
- Fixed issues with textures on NPCs
- Fixed black texture issues on MSAA-4x, MSAA-8x and TXAA
- Right Control now can be assigned as a hotkey
- Minor UI fixes
Ubisoft explained that the reason the patch size is so big is because they replaced parts of the Paris city map which had issues, which has resulted in a large patch size.
Originally, it was supposed to arrive earlier but was put on hold because Ubisoft wanted to ensure the best possible experience for the users. It is now finally available online, and judging from the file size, it seems to be a very substantial update.
Assassin’s Creed Unity was released in November on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The game was plagued with bugs and glitches along with a terrible performance at launch. The later patches have managed to fix most of the issues but there are still some left, which should be hopefully fixed in the new patch.