Atlas update version 8.0 should be available now for PC. Here are the patch notes for this update which list many important changes.
Atlas was released with a rocky launch on PC. although the developers have the excuse that it is an early access release. Despite the issues that Atlas has faced since its launch, the developers are Grapeshot Games which previously worked on Ark Survival Evolved, another early access release on Steam.
Despite the issues with Atlas, the game seems to be doing really well on Steam. The patch notes for Atlas update version 8.0 can be seen below.
Atlas Update Version 8.0 Patch Notes For PC
– Further improved server stability.
– Further reduced Ship of the Damned spawns by 20%
– Ship of the Damned now are allowed to “Wander” away from shore if they find themselves close to shore
– Ship of the Damned targeting ranges now are reduced by the type of ship (down to 30% for rafts (which means they will now attack rafts – but you have to get pretty darn close to them!) and 0% for dinghies)
– -LowMemoryMode now disables the background movies for lighter memory footprint
– Changed damage type on repair hammer to 0 against players, human npcs, and creatures to stop pvp on pve servers, not used as a weapon on pvp.
– Ships near shore do not attract cyclones anymore
– Vultures should now more easily harvest corpses
– Ships that players are based on do not use staggered updates now (resolving the issue of the choppy spyglass rotation when in the crow’s nest, for example)
– Can no longer weapon-charge or dodge when encumbered.
– Fixed erroneous reference to chalcedony instead of flint base
– Added Ingots/Alloys and Organic Paste to the list of resources allowed in the ship repair box
– Tripled gathering weighting of metal in all the generic rocks for both pick and hatchet damage types
– Grenades damaged to stone multiplied by 3x
– Changed Human Crew character carry inv max weight from 1000 to 60.
– Switched damage weightings around so the pick tool is preferred from metal/crystal/gem/salts and hatchet for wood/coal/stone, etc. No adjustments have been made to yield changes, just tools have been adjusted.
– Fixed an issue with treasure bottle’s spawning (there will now be more of them and more reliably spawned) and increased the quality of loot found in treasures.
– Updated some undesired movement speed max taming additions within status components, (some already set in CreatureBP), plus some unintentional unrealistic water movement speeds.
– Adjusted Seagull and Crow aggro speeds (Would prev take a v long time to de-aggro). Updated collision to allow player attacks to land more consistently.
– Updated Tiger IK to better conform to slopes.
– Razortooth stamina adjustments (Would prev fatigue from running in like 2 seconds)
– Created new inherited AnimBP for Rabbit. Setup for shoulder mounting (Not yet enabled until ability is final)
– Updated Vulture AI to only target sleeping humans if the player is connected.
– Included foot sockets in Giraffe neck attack to more consistently harvest.
– Reduced Bee movement to allow player attacks to land. Reduced sting buff duration to better reflect Bee size.
– Increased harvest amount of fur and milk from Sheep and Cow to incentivise taming and better compete with natural resource gathering amounts. Updated max yield timings to scale with creature level, similar to other creature abilities, instead of food value.
– Clamped amount of fur gained from harvesting wild sheep, again to incentive taming. Wild sheep will also flee, and may attack players after excessive shearing.
Atlas is now available as an early access release on Steam.