Warner Bros. Interactive has finally revealed the release timing of the next major patch for Batman Arkham Knight on PC. Since the game was a broken mess at launch on the PC, Warner Bros. Interactive has suspended its sales and focused on fixing it with patches.
This is an interim patch that will be released in the next few weeks and it tackles the following issues.
• Reduced frame rate hitches
• Optimized system memory and VRAM usage
• Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
o Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB
• More Robust In-Game Settings, including:
o Added the ability to change settings for Max FPS to 30/60/90
o Added toggles for Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain
o Added a “High” Texture Resolution value
o Added Texture Filtering option
o Added an Adaptive V-Sync option (NVIDIA only)
o Added VRAM Usage Meter
o Added Mouse Sensitivity Slider & Mouse Smoothing Option
• Fixed low resolution texture bugs
• Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)
This is the current priority for the development team but they do have plans to implement more changes and improve the game.
While our first priority is fixing the issues listed above, the team is continuing to work on the following:
• Skipping the boot up splash screens
• DLC/Season Pass content
• Additional updates such as Photo Mode
Batman Arkham Knight has yet to receive any DLC on PC. PS4 and Xbox One owners, meanwhile, continue to get their monthly DLC as Warner Bros. Interactive released the August DLC for Batman Arkham Knight, along with a new patch, this week.
Let us know what you think about this news in the comments below.