Battlefield 1 has received a brand new update on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This update is around 1.2 GB in size and on PS4, it will patch the game to version 1.26. The size of this update seems to indicate it might be for major fixes or additions but according to EA DICE, it is mostly quality of life updates.
This update is now available to download on all platforms and as mentioned by EA DICE community manager, it will also result in the servers going offline for a full hour.
Hello Battlefield 1 players,
On Wednesday, August 15th, 2018, we will be rolling out the Battlefield 1 Quality of LIfe Update for all platforms. During this deployment, Battlefield 1 multiplayer will be offline for 1 hour, as noted below:
- PC – Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting at 800 UTC / 1AM PDT
- PS4 – Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting at 900 UTC / 2AM PDT.
- Xbox One – Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting at 1000 UTC /3AM PDT.
This is a required update for all Battlefield 1 players.
As for the patch notes, the only known change so far is the fix to the Xbox One party chat issue. The full official patch notes will be released at a later date once the update is available to everyone.
Update: The full patch notes are out now and they mention several changes and fixes for all platforms.
- Fixed a performance issue when players were in an Xbox party of 4 more players.
- Fixed an issue where the mid-round team balancer wasn’t working.
- Fixed various crashes.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes players at max rank didn’t have enough war bonds to buy everything available.
- Fixed an issue where the Field Gun’s rotation would reverse when the Decouple Aiming option was turned on.
- Fixed the Dud Club’s damage description.
- Fixed an issue where Tanker and Pilot weapons were available in the Back to Basics custom game mode.
- Fixed an issue where the team balancing message was sometimes not displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the Objective Icon Opacity icon did not affect objectives in Frontlines.
- Reorganized some of the Commo Rose options in the Options screen.
- Players will now get kicked for being idle in pre-round for Official servers.
- Mid-round team balancer threshold reduced to 3+ players.
- Mid-round team balancer timer reduced from 30 to 15 seconds.
Battlefield 1 is available now on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One.