EA DICE has announced Battlefield 5 update version 1.07 Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes content patch for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. They have also shared the full patch notes for this update.
Battlefield 5 launched back in November and it was followed up by the first chapter of free content updates that ran for four weeks. It was titled Chapter 1: Overture by EA DICE and now the second chapter, Lightning Strikes, is set to drop this week.
Ahead of the new Battlefield 5 update version 1.07, EA DICE has shared the full patch notes for this update. You can have a glimpse at the patch notes below.
Battlefield 5 Update Version 1.07 (PS4) Patch Notes Lightning Strikes (PC, Xbox One)
Hello Battlefield V players, and welcome to our first update in 2019! As part of Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes, we’re kicking off the year with Squad Conquest which is an intense version of Conquest that enables more tactical gameplay between two teams of 16 players on the Arras, Rotterdam, and Hamada maps.
Additionally, we’re adding four new weapons which can be unlocked with the Weekly Challenges that will be made available during Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes. We’ve also made several changes and fixes based upon the feedback from the Battlefield community.
Note that there’s much more coming with Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes, including the return of Rush, a new Grand Operation, and more. New experiences will be delivered in future updates as the Chapter progresses. See you on the battlefield!
New Mode: Squad Conquest
These are some of the weapons that will be obtainable through the Weekly Challenges in January and February:
- ZK-383 (SMG)
- Modele 1944 (SA)
- M1922 (MMG)
Top Issue Fixes and Changes
Time to Death and Death Experience Fixes
- The name of the enemy that has killed a player is now shown in the game world when the player has died. This highlights the killer and helps players understand who killed them and from where, especially in crowded situations.
- Improved the death experience with the addition of a camera that now follows and zooms towards the killer. This will allow players to understand what killed them and the position of the killer.
- Improved accuracy of the visual representation of incoming bullets for other players. Tracers should now properly appear to consistently appear from the shooter, and should be clearer when the victim is looking directly at the shooter.
- Fixed an issue with the UI directional damage indicator that delayed the indication of damage to the victim.
- Made tweaks to the UI directional damage indicator to more accurately point towards the enemy damaging the player.
For the full patch notes, you can view them in the official PDF. They are not that long but they do go into detail over every fix made in this upcoming Battlefield 5 update version 1.07 for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.