EA DICE has detailed Battlefield 5 update version 1.27 patch notes 5.0. The update will be available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Battlefield 5 is getting a major content update that implements two new maps, new factions, new weapons, and vehicles. There are quality-of-life improvements like UI tweaks, fortifications, significant sound and audio adjustments, a new option for soldier movement, map tweaks, and more.
Get the full patch notes for this update below.
Battlefield 5 Update Version 1.27 Full Patch Notes 5.0 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
War in The Pacific – Starting October 31
- Two New Maps – Pacific Storm and Iwo Jima.
- Four New Weapons at launch – M1 Garand, Type 99 Arisaka, Type 100, and the M1919A6.
- Deploying across the Tides of War, you’ll get your hands on the M3 Grease Gun, Nambu Type 2A, Type 97 LMG, and M1918 A2.
- As Chapter Rewards, the Jungle Carbine and the Type 94 and Model 27 sidearms are also available for you to earn and unlock during War in The Pacific
- New Factions: US and Japan.
- New Battle Pickups: Katana and M2 Flamethrower.
- New Vehicles: M4 Sherman tank, Type 97, the LVT and the Ka-Mi Light Amphibious Tanks, the Dinghy, LCPV, MB Jeep and Type 95 transport vehicle.
- New Planes – the F4U Corsair (Fighter and Bomber variants), and the Japaneze Zero (fighter and bomber variants).
- New Reinforcements – New Rocket Barrage Tanks – The Sherman Calliope, and the HaChi.
PC Specific Improvements
- Combined Arms – The in-game chat now works in this mode.
- Fixed an issue that would make screenshots taken with the console command screenshot.render 1 look over-saturated with HDR enabled.
- Players can also enable the new in-game weapon inspect feature directly by pressing the “I” button (can also be changed in key bindings).
- Decoupled sliding from the crouch key bindings, sliding is now its own action that can be assigned to any key (X by default on PC).
Xbox One-Specific Improvements
- Improve state handling for gamepads that suddenly get disconnected.
- Improved handling for connecting to EA Online when starting the game.
PlayStation 4-Specific Improvements
- Re-added the swipe control functionality for the Dualshock 4 controller.
- Underground – Fixed a LOD issue that was apparent on Subway building when looking at it from the C flag on Conquest.
- Underground – Fixed an issue with certain sights reflecting a large amount of light in certain areas on the map.
What’s being worked on for the rest of Chapter 5?
- New Map: Wake Island.
- Private Games
For the full patch notes, check out the official post shared by EA DICE.