Developers Treyarch and publishers just announced the fourth and final DLC for Call of Duty Black Ops 2 titled ‘Apocalypse’. The Black Ops 2 Apocalypse DLC like the three DLC packs before it includes four new multiplayer maps namely Pod, Frost, Takeoff and Dig along with a brand new Zombies mode called ‘Origins’.
The release of previous DLC Vengeance and now Apocalypse were leaked a few months back in May and seem to be spot on.
- Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70’s has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
- Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
- Takeoff: Fans of Stadium from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on Takeoff. Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
- Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favorite Courtyard from Call of Duty: World at War, where two archeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of Courtyard with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.
- Origins: a new adventure which takes place in “a Dieselpunk-themed First World War” and stars the original Zombies heroes. Unleashed after the Germans unearthed the mysterious “Element 115,” this next chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the saga’s origins as players reunite with an unlikely band of soldiers that come together to defeat the greatest evil the world has ever seen, using a period-specific arsenal that includes Wonder Weapons that harness supernatural powers, a diesel-drone and Mark IV tank, as well a new perk machine and power-ups – and that’s just the start. Players will need all the help they can get to succeed in defeating the undead, as well as evading an unprecedented 1,000-foot tall robot abomination. In this stylized undead adventure, they’ll need every advantage if they have any hope of surviving one of Treyarch’s deepest Zombies experiences to date.
A new song titled “Shepherd of Fire” by Avenged Sevenfold will play while the map is loading. Check out the first trailer for Origins below:[youtube width=”602″ height=”350″ video_id=”VB_9esQucmw”]
The Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Apocalypse DLC will be available exclusively on the Xbox 360 for 1200MSP on August 27th. PS3 and PC will get Apocalypse a month later.
So will you be getting the Black Ops 2 Apocalypse DLC? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.