Treyarch has released the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 October 16 Hotfix Update which adds more players to Blackout Duos and Quads, some PC fixes and improvements as well and some other minor additions.
The update was a hotfix so you don’t need to download anything, everything was done server side.
The biggest change is in Black Ops 4 Blackout’s player counts. Duos is now 100 players while Quads is 88 players, the additional player counts to both variants should make things much more exciting.
You can check out Patch Notes for previous Black Ops 4 Updates below:
- Black Ops 4 1.02
- Black Ops 4 1.03
- Black Ops 4 October 13 Hotfix Update
- Black Ops 4 October 14 Hotfix Update
The full patch notes are below:
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 October 16 Hotfix Update PC, PS4 and Xbox One Patch Notes
- General stability improvements and crash fixes.
- The Featured playlist tiles for Multiplayer and Blackout have changed today. This is part of the regular rotation of Featured playlists – more details to come on how Featured playlists will work in Black Ops 4 in a separate update.
- 100-Player Duos
- 100-Players Duos is now the Featured playlist for Blackout.
- 88-Player Quads
- Quads playlist is now 88 maximum players. We’re continuing to update various game settings to ensure the best experience for all players across all platforms and modes.
- 100-Player Duos
- Playlist Updates
- TDM playlist now supports parties of 6 (was previously 5).
- Featured playlist changed to Heist.
- Custom Games
- Custom Search and Destroy games will now correctly conclude after one team wins 6 rounds total, fixing an issue where custom games previously ended at round 7.
- Addressed a crash caused by earning multiple Medals in a match.
- Playlist Updates
- Addressed a UI error caused by losing Internet connection in split screen.
We’ve also made the following additional update specific to PC:
- Stability Improvements
- Fixed a crash occurring during initial boot of the game for some users.
- Fixed a crash when disconnecting from a Blackout match.
- Fixed a crash occurring when managing multiple windows simultaneously in Blackout.
- Fixed a crash when browsing unlockable Items.
- Fixed crashes occurring when changing texture quality.
- Fixed a performance issue when changing Clan tags.
- Improved handling of “Out of Memory” errors.
- Fixed a crash occurring during initial boot of the game
- Fixed crashes occurring when changing texture quality
- Fixed a concurrency issue in multithreaded physics code
- Fixed a crash when disconnecting from a Blackout match
- Fixed a crash occurring when multiple windows would break simultaneously in Blackout
- Improved handling of out of memory errors
- Fixed performance issue when changing clan tags
- Fixed a crash that could happen while streaming geometry
- Fixed a crash when browsing unlockable items
- Addressed an issue that caused Hellhounds to exhibit some very… un-doglike behavior in Zombies.
- “Object View Distance” setting now properly renders objects further on “High” than on “Low” in Blackout.
Below are the topics Treyarch are currently tracking to fix in a future update:
- Zombies Easter Egg Quests
- We’re aware of some instability issues currently affecting the Easter Egg quests, and will address these in a major update coming soon. Thanks for your patience.
- Multiplayer Audio
- We’ve seen some reports of audio volumes in Multiplayer not sounding quite as expected, particularly with footsteps. We’ve passed these onto the appropriate teams for evaluation. In the meantime, please be sure to try out the different custom presets in our Audio settings under Options to find a mix that works best for you.
- PC Hellion Salvo Crash
- PC players will currently crash when equipping the “Hunt” weapon camo and Fast Lock attachment on the Hellion Salvo launcher. We’re fixing this in an upcoming update – in the meantime, please avoid using this camo/Attachment combination on the Hellion Salvo to prevent crashing.
- Teammate Names Disappearing
- Some players are reportedly seeing their teammates’ player names disappearing temporarily during MP matches, making it difficult to tell friend from foe. We’re investigating this as well.
- Xbox One Deluxe Edition Items
- We’re aware some users are still having trouble accessing their Shadowman and Classified content consistently on Xbox One, even after manually downloading the items. We’re continuing to investigate to see what can be done on our end to solve this.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is out now on PC, Xbox One and PC.