Bloodborne has received a new update today which finally reduces its long load times and fixes a major bug which could make the game easy if it was left running for far too long.
Sony had promised a new patch at the end of this month and it is finally available for download on the PS4. You can read the full changelog below.
Main points of UPDATE 1.03
– Reduced loading times (approx. 5-15 seconds; may vary by circumstance)
– Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
– Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
– Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multi-play
– When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play. This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
– Other various bug fixes
Bloodborne had some long load times at launch, which often resulted in a lot of complaints by users. These long times used to be an issue if the player faced frequent deaths, which was often the case here. If this patch is any indication, the load times have been reduced by as much as 5 to 15 seconds, which is definitely a step in the right direction.
One of the unlisted feature of this new update is that load screens now have item descriptions and are not just the plain old load screens with a logo on them. You can see it in the screenshot below.
Bloodborne was released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 on March 24th 2015. It is developed by From Software in collaboration with Sony Computer Entertainment Japan.
Let us know if you have downloaded this patch in the comments below.