Bloodborne has a cool mechanism in the form of Insight that allows the world around the player to change, and the game can become more difficult depending on your Insight level.
First of all, you can manually gain an Insight level by using the consumable Madman’s Knowledge item in the game. You need to have a minimum of 1 Insight in order to level up, or be able to play the online co-op.
You can gain insights using the following methods.
- Use Madman’s Knowledge = Insight +1
- Defeat a boss = Insight + 3
- Entering a boss arena = Insight +1
- In Catherdal ward, get grabbed by the Lesser Amygdala = Insight +1
- Defeat boss when summoned in multiplayer = Insight +1
- Send a quest NPC to safe haven in Iosefka’s Clinic = Insight +1
- Kill another player using the Sinister Bell = Insight + 2
- Interact with Master Willem = Insight +2
In addition to these, there are some sidequests that can also increase the Insight level.
You can also lose the Insight you gained, and it can help make the game easier.
- Die in an invasion with the Sinister Bell = Insight -1
- Use the Beckoning Bell for co-op = Insight -1
- Insight can also be lost to certain enemies, who can steal it from you.
- You can use your Insight to purchase some items once your Insight is level 10.
In case you were wondering how the Insight affects the game world, here is what it does at each level.
- Insight Level 1 = Doll becomes animated. Players can level up.
- Insight Level 15 = Some enemies gain new attacks/patterns, particularly the one around Cathedral Ward.
- Insight Level 99 = Noises are added in the background including the crying of babies.
What do you think about the Insight level in the game? Let us know in the comments below.