In case you didn’t know, the Nintendo Wii U also has a version of Call of Duty: Ghosts. Many fans look down upon the Wii U version of games. FPS games can be a lot of fun on the Wii U and Call of Duty: Ghosts is a good example. Treyarch are not developers of this Call of Duty game but they are in charge of the updates for the Wii U version of the game and there haven’t been any updates since December. Just when everyone thought Treyarch stopped supporting the game, they brought out a new update for the game.
Treyarch announced today, that the new update will be quite big and will include a new map for Wii U owners. The map they are talking about is ‘Free Fall’. The map will integrated into all multiplayer modes and is free to download. The changes included in the update are given below:
- Free Fall multiplayer map is now available and added to various playlists.
- Fixed an issue where the Squad Reports Screen would occasionally hang on a black screen.
- Fix for a rare bots crash.
- Improved operations functionality.
- Fix for broken operations – playing a ranked game will restore operations
- Fixed an issue where throwing a tactical grenade could cause the player to switch weapons
- Fixed a Lobby Migration issue that would force the Create a Soldier screen to close
- Fix to keep the Grenade Cook Timer from becoming difficult to see
- Fixed an inconsistency in the presentation of profile names when switching controllers
- Fixed an issue that could occur at the start of a Safeguard match where the friends list would become inaccessible
- Fixed an issue where the scoreboard on the Wii U GamePad would not automatically re-open after changing Loadouts
- Fix for Leaderboards no longer updating properly after a disc eject
- Fixed a stuck spot that could be entered while crouching near an overturned table (Siege)
- Fixed issue that would occur when having hardline as last perk with specialist.
- Added no enemy callouts to incog perk description.
- Fixed an issue where connecting to a Squads game could potentially see the buttons/title for an incorrect Squad mode.
- Fixed incorrect indexing of perks with squads that had defined loadouts.
- Fixed splitscreen UI bug where the dom capture bar would be in the way of the reticle.
- Fix to validate reticle type even when switching sights.
- Fix for sound issue when seeker explodes.
- Fix for final escape being broken by player jumping off cliff after nuke activation.
- Fix for drill disappearing when grabbing the drill after using SOFLAM.
- Fixed unlimited weapon glitch in first contact.
- Various additional fixes
They made a few essential changes in the game. Which can greatly impact the game. It’s good to see that a Treyarch are supporting the Wii U version of the game and the game isn’t being neglected.