We are just five days away from the release of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Infinity Ward recently released the beta for the PS4 and Xbox One. During the Beta, players played the game and gave their feedback about the game.
Infinity Ward stated that the Beta was a way to test out their new matchmaking system for Infinite Warfare. Alongside the matchmaking test, Infinity Ward also gathered feedback from the players to make the game balanced and fun for everyone.
A few hours ago, Infinity Ward released the patch notes for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s Day One patch on reddit. The patch will be making a lot of changes to the guns, perks, scorestreaks, and more. The patch aims to make changes that will make the game balanced.
Something that everyone complained about during the Beta was Sniping. Sniper Rifles were very overpowered in the Beta, due to their super high aim assist, which made sniping, a walk in the park. In the Day one patch, Infinity Ward has reduced the Aim assist of all the bolt action sniper rifles. Another change made to the sniper is that now, the bullet spread while firing from the hip no longer gets smaller as the player ADS. Once the scope reaches the player’s eye, the bullet spread goes instantly to zero.
While playing the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Beta, players noticed how underwhelming the shotguns were. The shotguns were very inconsistent, and sometimes had difficulty killing enemies in close encounters. Infinity Ward will be increasing the consistency of shotgun damage, as well as their damage at longer ranges and they have also increased their one shot kill range.
A complete list of all the changes Infinity Ward published on Reddit is given below:
- Increased the consistency of shotgun damage
- Shotgun damage at longer range has been increased
- Slightly increased the one shot kill range.
- Both the Reaver and Banshee have received a slight bonus to their 1 trigger pull kill range
- Bullet spread at the hip no longer gets smaller as the player ADS’s. Once the scope reaches the player’s eye, the bullet spread goes instantly to zero.
- Sniper aim assist was reduced slightly for the KBS Longbow and the other bolt action snipers. Our turn rate while Aimed Down Sights is still slowed to help with precision aiming.
- Sniper-class weapons no longer have any Aim Assist until the optic fully reaches the player’s eye.
- For the ELO and Scout optics on snipers, the idle sway while ADS has been increased along with the player’s view bounce when moving. Because these optics are less zoomed in, the view bounce and the sway are felt less. These changes are to promote more stationary aiming and firing with these optics.
- The Tracking Chip optic’s visuals have been improved
- Reduced bonus of the Quickdraw attachment on snipers
- Updated snipers to have more flinch when getting shot.
- The Howitzer Grenade launcher can now be fired from the hip instead of requiring full ADS
- The RPR Evo epic variant (Ripper) has had a tuning pass to increase recoil given its bonus fire rate
PERKS & RIG TRAITS
- Marksman – We fixed a bug where, in addition to reducing flinch, it was also reducing recoil. This would then stack with Gun Perks and the Foregrip Attachment. This bonus reduction has been removed.
- Momentum – Fixed issues with speed not being retained
- Marked Target – The temporary red marker on the victim has been toned down
HEALTH REGEN AND SPAWNING
- Health Regen time has been reduced
- Infusion bonus reduced
- Continuing to refine spawn system on beta maps, will assess remaining launch maps in live environment
- Increased salvage gain in mission teams.
- Changed currency value in supply drops.
- Increased drop rate of keys in round-based modes.
SCORESTREAKS AND RIGS
- Increased health, bullet damage, and weapon accuracy up close to help with target acquisition
- Increased health, increased weapon accuracy to help with target acquisition, slight increase in fire rate, and slight damage increase on splash damage
- Increased speed of tracking rockets
- Increase damage of both tracking and straight fire rockets
- Slight decrease in both time to the initial drop and the time between each subsequent drop
- Updated area damage to be consistent inner to outer
- Refining payload balance
- Slight tweaks to gameplay balance across rigs
- Defender: When carrying the Drone, the score-per-second bonus has been bumped from 5 score per second to 10 score per second. Scorestreak carrier bonus is unaffected.
- Gun Game: Now features all classic weapons. In future updates, weapons with alternate functions will retain their state upon spawn.
- Domination: When you step off a flag, the current capture bar progress starts to decay. The rate of this decay has been halved from the Beta. This allows players to hop off a flag to defend it and then get back on the flag with less progress loss
- Potential player evaluation was too strict. We were doing some very thorough testing of your connection to other players before placing you in a lobby with those players. This turned out to be a bit too thorough, and eventually was relaxed, leading to shorter matching times.
- Incorrect geographic categorization. There was an issue in our geolocation system which was causing some players to be incorrectly categorized. This was also resolved during the beta, improving matchmaking times.
- Dead lobby cleanup. The process which cleans up unused or dead lobby information from our back end was taking too long. This was causing a number of slowdowns when searching for a match.
- The matchmaker was always quite good at generating new lobbies, but one thing we noticed was that queueing into a join in progress situation was taking much longer. This was due to some issues in the way we track information about the lobbies that are currently playing a match. These issues were also addressed during the beta, and sped up the join in progress case immensely.
TTK (TIME TO KILL / ENGAGEMENT)
- We know a lot of you had different experiences with TTK during the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Beta. With the above adjustments to dedicated servers, matchmaking, and weapon tuning, we think you’ll find that the TTK will be more balanced at launch, both on the attacking and receiving end. We’ll continue to monitor and balance throughout the year as need and would love your feedback in the process.
- We’re always looking at TTK and will continue to balance and monitor.
Infinity Ward is really working hard on their upcoming Call of Duty game. They are responding to everyone’s feedback and are making changes accordingly. We are just a few days away from the release of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare which comes out on November 4th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.