Developers Treyarch have revealed the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 October 13 Hotfix Update Patch Notes for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
They made a Global Hotfix Update earlier today that brings forth a bunch of new changes and improvements. The update was server side so no need to download a new patch.
They worked on fixing a few issues including when players would sometimes do not have a default Calling Card on initial boot. There’s also the improvements to stability.
In terms of gameplay they improves spawn balancing in Domination, which has been a constant complaint by many who have been playing the game. There’s also changes to Torque’s Razor wire which will no longer deal damage to your or your teammates in Hardcore modes.
They also uncapped the Framerate in the Black Ops 4 October 13 Hotfix Update across all modes which is a great addition.
Treyarch also promised to bringing the Combat Record online next week, ensuring that they’re still tracking states behind the scenes. We’ll keep you noted when that goes live.
You can check our Patch Notes for previous Black Ops 4 Updates below:
Check out the full patch note below:
Black Ops 4 October 13 Hotfix Update Patch Notes for PS4, Xbox One, PC
- Resolved an issue where new players sometimes didn’t have a default Calling Card on initial boot.
- Improved an animation in the player’s health bar when taking damage.
- Resolved an issue where Prestiging a weapon wouldn’t remove its attachments.
- Fixed overhead names and rank for bots in the lobby.
- General stability fixes.
Improved spawn balancing in Domination, which should alleviate some of the issues people have reported. The system has some new capabilities to reduce the frequency of spawn flipping (also a commonly requested change), and that comes with new challenges in striking the right balance between less flipping and less trapping. This is a first step, and we expect it to take a few iterations to achieve the right balance.
Torque’s Razor Wire will no longer deal damage to the player or teammates in Hardcore. No more getting kicked for inadvertent team kills.
Resolved an issue that allowed players to utilize an extra Attachment slot.
Treyarch also noted that they’re working on issues and ideas suggested by the community and will be bringing several new changes in next week’s update including the following:
- Gameplay Balancing Pass
Those of you who tuned into the #CODNation Challenge AMA with Jason Blundell and Fred “Nikolai” Tatasciore yesterday know the team is hard at work on our first post-launch balancing pass for Zombies, including nerfs to Hellhounds and Tigers. Look for a detailed update on this tomorrow!
We’ve combined Blood of the Dead and Classified into one “Aether Story” playlist to ensure players will be given the best matchmaking experience possible across those two maps. These playlists will change over time, and we may decide to offer a Blood of the Dead-only playlist depending on community demand. Let us know what you’d like to see.
- Treyarch Authenticity Stamp
Related to Leaderboards, the Treyarch Authenticity Stamp is a feature that we’re excited to implement for our hardcore Zombies players who’d like to prove their prowess to the world. There’s a lot of data behind this system, so we’re taking the time we need to ensure 100% accurate reporting and a streamlined process to share your achievements. Stay tuned for more info soon.
- As we mentioned on Twitter yesterday, we’re working to enable Leaderboards in both MP and Zombies next week. Stats are being recorded for Leaderboards, just not displayed yet. Thanks for your patience.
- As with Leaderboards, we’re planning on bringing Combat Record online in an update next week. We’re still tracking your stats behind the scenes, so no worries there.
- We’ve seen questions about when Ranked and League Play are coming to Black Ops 4. For more info, check out our blog post previewing our new World League Hub and the upcoming competitive season.
Search and Destroy Custom Games
- We’ve seen reports of custom Search and Destroy matches ending after round 7, and players sometimes getting stuck spectating teammates instead of spawning in. The team is currently investigating.
Xbox One Deluxe Edition Content
- Some players had trouble accessing the Shadowman Blackout character or the Classified Zombies experience because they didn’t auto-download the content. If this is still affecting you, please follow these steps to access this content.
- As always, follow /u/TreyarchPC for separate PC-specific posts with all the details on the latest updates and what we’re tracking on the PC front.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is out now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
What did you think of the changes in the October 13 update? Let us know in the comments.