Conan Exiles Update 1.47 has been released on the PS4, Xbox One and PC. The new update to the game brings forth new battle standards, new weapons and animations, fixes to exploits as well as bugs and glitches and so much more.
Read on for what’s new in the Conan Exiles 1.47 Update below:
Conan Exiles Update 1.47 PS4, Xbox One & PS4 [Patch Notes]
The new Battle Standard placeable will allow you to establish a PvP zone on PvE servers. This is perfect for players on passive servers who sometimes want to engage in combat without the risk of losing everything.
Anyone who steps inside a Battle Standard’s area of effect will be eligible to engage in PvP combat. Activating PvP is completely optional, so people can’t grief you by suddenly plonking down a Battle Standard and gunning for a fight.
You’ll also get to keep your inventory if you die inside a Battle Standard’s area of influence, so the PvP combat is fairly risk free.
Short Swords and Two-handed Great Axes
With this update we’re introducing two new weapon types to Conan Exiles: Short Swords and Two-handed Great Axes. Of course, they come with their own combos and animations.
The axes work like a fusion between the warhammers and dual wielding axes. With this in your arsenal you can spin around like a top, causing a lot of damage over a large area. Be careful so you don’t run out of stamina though, which will leave you vulnerable.
Short swords are a faster alternative to regular broadswords and will let you perform simple stab and slash combos until you run out of stamina. They’re meant to be used against single enemies as the stab and swing have a very narrow radius.
Weapon Animation Changes
In Update 37, we’re changing the combat animations for the Longsword, Great Sword and Pike weapon types. They won’t behave radically different to how they used to, but you will notice a few differences.
Here are the changes we’ve made:
* Longswords have been made more refined, by giving them a longer “linger window” between each attack, and a new finishing animation in the Heavy attack combo chain. Instead of a leap forward, the finishing move is now a simple horizontal forward slash. The new finisher has less range, but there’s less chance of overextending and going past your enemy.
* Great Swords have been tuned to be more effective against crowds. The overhead smash attack can now be found on the CTRL key (meaning we’ve removed the kick for this weapon), and the opening of a Heavy attack combo is now a big, 180 degree, horizontal slash. The full set of heavy attacks damages a wide area and can be quite effective when surrounded by several enemies.
* The two-handed Pikes are probably getting the biggest change of the bunch. It’s no longer a crowd control weapon and has been reworked into a weapon that’s more effective in close quarters against a single enemy. The light attack combo chain is now a series of poke attacks like the heavy attacks. The difference is that the light attacks will plant your feet instead of pushing you forward.
Test them out, see how you like it, and let us know how it works in the comments below!
New mod kits/upgrades
We are expanding the ways you can modify your weapons and armor with the addition of weapon oils. These are more powerful versions of the already existing mod kits, with the drawback that the boosts they provide are time limited. The oil will also severely drain the durability of whatever it’s applied to once the timer has run out.
The “Weapon Oils” feat can be purchased from the Archivist in the Unnamed City for 5 Fragments of Power. Oils are crafted at the Firebowl Cauldron. Only one can be active at a time.
* Oil of Agony – Increases weapon damage by a flat amount (15).
* Oil of Penetration – Increases weapon armor penetration.
* Oil of Harvest – Increases amount of resources obtained per swing of a harvesting tool.
* Oil of Concussion – Increases concussion damage on a weapon.
* Oil of Balance – Decreases a weapon’s Stamina cost per attack.
We’re also introducing new Master level weapon fittings and kits, which come with great boons, but also severe drawbacks. These can be learned by unlocking the Grandmaster Armorsmith and Grandmaster Weaponsmith feats in a certain dungeon.
* Master Weapon Fitting – Increases melee damage and armor penetration, but severely cripples a weapon’s durability.
* Fencer Weapon Fitting – Increases light attack damage, but decreases heavy attack damage and durability.
* Master Reinforcement Kit – Increases Durability of weapons and armor, but also increases weight and decreases resource gathering.
* Master Plating Kit – Increases Armor strength, but reduces durability and is expensive to craft.
* Bulked Plating – Increases Armor strength, but increases weight and is expensive to craft.
* Gliding Joint Kit – Reduced stamina used when climbing, but also reduces durability.
New DLC available for Purchase: Blood and Sand
Build arenas and vaults to rock it out with new building pieces and decorate them with new banner placeables. Gear up with new armor pieces and face your opponents with new weapons in this new DLC included in the Year 2 Season Pass.
* Battle Standards!
* New weapons: 2h axes and short swords.
* New animations.
* Exploit fixing.
* Combat balancing changes.
* Balancing changes to several weapons, armor and items.
* The Sword of Crom no longer makes thralls act unresponsively.
* Altars placed on foundations should no longer disappear after upgrading them to higher Tier.
* …and many more fixes, balancing changes and QoL additions!
Full patch notes for the Conan Exiles 1.47 update can be found here.
Conan Exiles update 1.47 can be downloaded right now on PS4, Xbox One and PC.