Dead by Daylight update version 1.78 is available to download now for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. Here are the patch notes for this update.
Dead by Daylight has been updated to version 1.78 which implements a new DLC called The Cursed Legacy. This brings a new killer, survivor, and map. This DLC is available to download now for Dead by Daylight after installing update version 1.78.
You can get the full patch notes for Dead by Daylight update 1.78 below.
Dead by Daylight Update Version 1.78 Full Patch Notes (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch)
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Feature – Updated the intro video to The Cursed Legacy trailer.
- Content – Added cosmetics to player inventory (Incl. past convention exclusives, Bill’s Ugly Sweater, Frosty Eyes for The Oni & The Plague, and a new Universal Winter Holiday Charm).
- Content – Added a new Killer (The Oni).
- Content – Added a new Survivor (Yui Kimura).
- Content – Added a new map to the Yamaoka Estate theme (Sanctum of Wrath).
- Content – Added a Japanese thematic lobby for the Cursed Legacy chapter.
- Rank Reset: The Rank Reset will now reset players back one rank crest color. Players who end the season in Red Ranks (1-4) will be reset to Purple Ranks (5), Purple Ranks (5-8) get reset to Green Ranks (9), Green Ranks (9-12) get reset to Yellow Ranks (13) and finally Yellow (13-16) gets reset to the Brown Crest Ranks (17).
- Debuff perks no longer appear on the Survivors in-game HUD until the debuff is applied. This is true for the following perks: Coulrophobia, Overwhelming Presence and Unnerving Presence.
- Updated several Killer perks with the Undetectable status effect: Insidious, Beast of Prey, Dark Devotion and Tinkerer.
- Protection Hits: The conditions for Protection Hits have been adjusted. To trigger a Protection Hit a Survivor must be within range of a “Survivor in Need” which translates to being close to an Injured Survivor. Players can now trigger Protection Hits each 3 seconds instead of each 20 seconds. Any hit received by a Survivor while the Killer is carrying another Survivor will count as a Protection Hit.
- Deep Wound: Deep Wound timer will no longer go down when Sprinting or Mending. Deep Wound is no longer connected with the Killers terror radius.
Full patch notes are available to view here.