Demetrios is an adventure game that takes inspiration from the point and click genre that includes classics like Broken Sword. The developer of the game, CowCat Games, has optimized the game specifically for the PS Vita hardware.
Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure was originally released for the PC. The PS Vita version doesn’t appear to be a quick port of the game, and it seems that a lot of work has been put into making sure the Vita version of the game fits the hardware.
The PlayStation™ Vita version has the exact same content as the PC version, and is fully optimized for Sony’s portable device :
- Gamepad controls make use of sticks, D-Pad and buttons for quick selection and shortcuts, with several options such as the sticks sensitivity
- Touch controls are available, including a “magnifying glass” for spotting small hotspots like cookies!
- Interface and fonts scaled up to be easy to read
- Fully translated in 6 languages : English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian
- Compatible with PlayStation™ TV
- 38 trophies to unlock, including a Platinum!
- Memory card space : 200 MB
You can check out the official announcement trailer for Demetrios below.
Demetrios is set to launch on November 18th for the PS Vita and will also include Vita TV support.