Activision has shared new details on the upcoming sequel to Destiny. The sequel was revealed with a gameplay focused trailer that showcased action through a war-torn Tower and the city beneath it. The story of the game is much more narrative focused this time around with promise of shorter and more focused story mission.
There are four new locations for Destiny sequel and they are the following.
Destinations of Destiny 2
- European Dead Zone – The largest destination yet featuring a lush forest, abandoned town, a cave system below the surface, and a Red Legion military base to explore and contest.
- Titan – One of Saturn’s Moons where Commander Zavala is regrouping at the hands of Ghaul. There is no land on Titan. Instead, players explore a series of Golden Age platforms surrounded by a rolling ocean.
- Nessus – a strange and unstable planetoid that has been fully consumed by the Vex where players will find Cayde-6 is caught up in his own adventures in a stunning landscape of sheer walls, lush canyons, and creepy Vex caverns.
- Io – A moon of Jupiter, where Ikora Rey has gone in search of answers. Io is the last known site the Traveler visited during the Golden Age, it’s now occupied by our enemies.
Destiny 2 will also feature a whole new host of new modes for its multiplayer and co-op online mode. You can get a rundown of all the new features below, as detailed by Activision.
All New Director
- Your guide throughout Destiny 2 in your search for Adventures, Lost Sectors, new Public Events, and more. Players can pick a landing zone, explore, and seamlessly jump into other activities in game.
- Shorter missions with self-contained stories for players to learn more about the Destiny 2 universe and the characters that live there.
- Scattered, enemy dungeon layers throughout the world you can discover with unique boss enemies guarding treasure to earn.
- Unique, optional, dynamic combat activities that players can join on the fly as they roam around the world solo or with up to nine other players.
■ Action, Adventure, and Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive
Play Solo or with Friends
- Story Campaign – Narrative of Destiny 2’s cinematic story where players can also explore in Adventures, Patrols, Lost Sectors, Quests, and Public Events.
Join Friends to Complete Cooperative Experiences
- Strikes – Three-player missions in Destiny 2.
- The Raid – Six-player missions with incredible challenges and rewards.
Face-off Against Opponents in Competitive Experiences
- The Crucible: Competitive 4v4 PvP Gameplay with New Modes and Maps
- Countdown is a new competitive mode where players spawn on either Offense or Defense, and when the round ends you swap sides and roles. The goal is to plant a bomb at the enemy base, and then defend it until it explodes. Each round is worth one point. First team to six wins. To revive a teammate, you must use a revive token. Power weapon ammo is only granted to the one player who pulls it. Working as a team is the key to victory.
- Midtown is an abandoned part of the City. When the Red Legion invaded, they completely ignored this sector of the City in their takeover. The Legion deemed Midtown was of no tactical importance. Lord Shaxx agrees, which is why it was chosen as a Crucible arena in the first place.
Clan Creation Feature
- New integrated system that allows friends to bring their community and unique culture to the forefront of Destiny. Clans have been fully integrated into the game and will provide official banners, invitations, and their own rewards and experience systems for all members.
- A new feature that brings solo players and clan communities together to play Destiny 2’s most challenging activities including Raids, Trials and Nightfall Strikes.
Destiny 2 is set to launch on September 8th for the PC, PS4 and Xbox One.