There is still some time before Destiny 3 is revealed. Despite that, some information regarding this sequel has started to make its way online including the location.
Destiny has received plenty of leaks in the past, so this is not really a new discovery. What is interesting though is that this time the leak talks about the upcoming Destiny 3. It was shared by a Reddit user AnonTheNine (via resetERA) who has a history with leaking information related to Destiny.
As it stands with most leaks or rumors of this nature, take it with a grain of salt. That said, here is what the leaker had to share regarding the upcoming Destiny 3.
- Europa, which was only seen in a concept art, will reportedly be a location in Destiny 3.
- Chris Barrett will direct this sequel instead of Luke Smith, who handled Destiny: Rise of Iron and Destiny 2.
- Luke Smith is still there in a ‘big role’ but he is not the game director.
- The sequel will have a bigger focus on RPG elements.
- It will be more hardcore than the Forsaken expansion.
- There will be some PvPvE patrol zones, but not like The Division Dark Zone.
- The development of the game has just started this year.
- He hints at guardians using ‘Darkness’ which points towards new sub-classes.
Here is a concept art of Europe from Destiny 1, which shows how it could look like in the upcoming sequel.
Destiny 2 has just received its major expansion with Forsaken. It is available now on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The game was developed by Bungie and published by Activision.